Registered Nurse - Surgical
Company: Santiam Hospital & Clinics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionCome join our Surgical Department at Santiam
Hospital & Clinics. We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021s
Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a
Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!We are seeking an experienced
Registered Nurse to enhance our healthcare team of innovated
leaders.Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent,
not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13
clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the
Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural
communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date
healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care
for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care
is delivered.Department Description: We have a busy and growing
surgery department with a great team to work! Our specialties
include Orthopedics/Podiatry, OB/GYN, General surgery, ENT, and
Ophthalmology. In the surgery department, we have 7 pre and post
beds, 3 large surgical suites and a GI suite with another large
surgical suite in the OB department.
Compensation: $40.15 - $55.15, DOEJob Summary: Full-time, dayshift
- Work in environments where patients receive intense
interventions, therapies, and complex cares, and they must offer
humane care for their patients
- Protect patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal, medical and financial information per HIPAA.Preoperative
- Complete appropriate Service documentation, including that
related to patient admission.
- Verify Service patient understanding of pending surgery.
- Verify patient consent forms, and ensure that such forms are
accurately signed, dated, and timed.
- Verify completion of preoperative testing ordered by Medical
- Continuously ensure optimal patient care provision by all
surgery team members.
- Initiate and ensure surgery team Time Out participation
immediately prior to procedure commencement and ensure that Time
Out checklists are completed.
- Consistently maintain aseptic technique.
- Thoroughly and accurately document intraoperative care,
charges, specimen collection, and misadventures.
- Complete and document surgery sponge and needle counts and
notify surgeons of results of such counts.
- Anticipate needs of other surgery team members, and assist such
members as requested.Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Duties:
- Ensure continuous Unit readiness for receipt of post-surgery
- Provide complete patient assessment on Unit admission and
immediately prior to Unit discharge.
- Provide direct and continuous Unit patient care, including
airway optimization, immediately report significant patient data or
change in patient condition to responsible anesthesia
- Thoroughly and accurately document Unit care and
- Request appropriate assistance when indicated. Postoperative
- Provide patient assessment on Unit admission.
- Monitor patient vital signs according to Service protocol.
- Immediately report significant patient data or change in
patient condition to responsible surgery providers.
- Immediately prior to Unit discharge, provide patient assessment
and ensure patient wakefulness, oral fluid tolerance, applicable
ambulation ability, and pain and nausea levels.
- Ensure that patient discharge instructions are prepared, given
- Treat clients with compassion, respect, and dignity without
regard to age, culture, ethnicity, gender expression, gender
identity, language, mental disability, physical disability, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
- Adequately maintain service area standards.
- Demonstrate ability to educate others about pertinent patient
- Recognize how the service area relates to healthcare generally,
and coordinate Service activity with that of other Hospital
- Promote community health and welfare through education,
support, and medical service.
- Promote the Hospital as the health center of the community and
encourage community participation in Hospital activities.
- Work with public and private agencies to promote patient and
community health and welfare.
- Patient Rights, Responsibilities, and Ethics
- Adhere to Hospital policy that concerns patient rights.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in
manner consistent with Hospital policy.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent
- Must be highly motivated
- Work well with a team and have the ability to function in a
- Current unencumbered RN license in the State of Oregon
- Current BLS required
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records preferredBenefits
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the
1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift
Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability InsuranceSantiam Hospital & Clinics is a
drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act
of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Santiam Hospital & Clinics, Portland , Registered Nurse - Surgical, Healthcare , Stayton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!