Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Registered Dental Hygienist directs oral hygiene care for
KPDCP members including comprehensive prevention, maintenance,
therapeutic dental treatment and/or restorative services. The RDH
educates members of their oral status, motivating them to achieve
and maintain optimum oral health.
- Provide direct patient oral hygiene care for program members,
including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, and/or therapeutic
dental treatment restorative services.
- Data collection and documentation pertaining to patients' oral
health in compliance with policy and procedure.
- Provide oral hygiene instruction and education.
- Maintain a work area appropriate to a clinical environment in
compliance with environmental health and safety standards.
- Support other office functions during down time, ensuring a
level of cooperation and positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program with a
minimum of an associate's degree in applied science.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon OR Washington Dental Hygiene license in state
where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment
- Local anesthesia endorsement (Oregon Dental Hygiene license
only - this endorsement is included in the Washington State Dental
Hygiene license) required upon hire/transfer.
- Alloy polishing credentials.*
- Denture relines credentials.*
- Place and finish restoration credentials.*
- Nitrous oxide credentials and equipment knowledge.*
- * Required by state of Washington.
- X-ray equipment - Daily.
- Ultrasonic scalers - Daily for deposit removal.
- Handpieces - Daily for polishing teeth and fillings.
- One (1) year of clinical experience.
- Pit & fissure experience.
- Local anesthesia experience.
- Basic knowledge of sterilization and infection control
- Basic computer skills.
- Travel N Interstate, Eastmoreland, Grand Ave, Johnson Creek,
Glisan, Gresham, Oregon City, Rockwood, Clackamas dental
PrimaryLocation : Oregon,Portland,North Interstate Services
HoursPerWeek : 20
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 06:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 06:30 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : W03-AFT-Local 5017
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Dental Support
Department : North Interstate - Dental Office - 1008
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Portland , Hygienist, Dental-Registered, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!