RN Supervisor - Oncology - West Cancer Center
Company: Compass Oncology
Posted on: June 25, 2022
It may sound clich--, but it is true. A career taking care of
cancer patients is a calling for most all of us. Its much more than
a job. Each of us has a unique story that brought us to Compass
Oncology, but those stories usually share common themes of care,
compassion, and commitment. No matter the role, each Compass team
member serves in, the goal is the same: to provide the best care
possible for each and every one of our patients. If this sounds
like you, please reach out to us. We cant wait to hear your
Compass Oncology is known in the community for their
Patient-Centered and Collaborative approach to cancer care. This is
achieved in large part through strong, resonant leadership. Compass
Oncologys Vancouver Cancer Center clinic is looking an Oncology
Nursing Supervisor to be the type of leader that will help guide
our nursing team along the trail we have blazed in the field of
oncology for over 30 years. This leader will supervise both RNs and
LPNs and take part in managing schedules, workflow, staff
development, and new hire training. Previous Oncology experience is
required, and previous leadership experience is strongly
Employment Type : Full-Time, 40 Hours M-F
Location : West Cancer Center (Tigard, Oregon)
Coordinates all activities related to nursing functions and patient
care, within budgetary constraints. Adheres to national and company
standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Supervises
nursing staff that provides professional nursing care to patients.
Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of
care. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program,
to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
- Oversees the clinical operations for all nursing clinical
- Establishes and maintains all nursing personnel files. Ensures
all licensing and certification criteria are met.
- Assists with the review and revision of clinical policies and
Ensure adequate staffing/FTEs for assigned clinics
- Maintains effective nursing staff coverage and operating costs
for the practice and/or satellites within budgetary
- Participates in the interviewing and recruiting of nursing
- Performs tasks assigned to staff nurses as necessary.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of applicable labor laws and
schedules and coordinates employee staffing including vacations,
sick leave and overtime.
Ensure clinical operations and practice consistent with
- Monitors and evaluates patient satisfaction and quality
- Directs the correct use of charge codes and coordinates
education of all staff in correct procedures per reimbursement
- Develops new services and activities for patients, families and
staff in accordance with practice service objectives.
- Implement staff retention and training programs w/ support from
- Coordinates, implements, and assists with staff training,
in-services, and internal developmental programs for nursing
- Assists with annual performance evaluations for nursing
- Serves as mentor/preceptor and provides day to day guidance to
less experienced nurses.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board
of Nursing in practicing state.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN or MSN
- Current CPR certification required.
- Oncology certification preferred.
- Chemotherapy Immunotherapy provider card preferred.
- Minimum (5) years of experience actively practicing as a
registered nurse, including at least (3) years of oncology
- Minimum (1) year of leadership experience preferred.
More About The Company
The Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in
the fields of surgical, gynecologic, medical, and radiation
oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most
comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive
patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians
specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level
of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated,
team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an
opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have
fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you
made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is
the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network , one of the nations largest
community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass
Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US
Oncology research, which has helped develop 89 FDA approved cancer
therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with
clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please
visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Compass Oncology, Portland , RN Supervisor - Oncology - West Cancer Center, Healthcare , Sherwood, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!