Licensed Massage Therapist - Winter
Company: Taos Ski Valley, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a Massage Therapist, you help make every guest's stay
comfortable and inviting by creating a beautiful environment in the
Spa. You pay attention to the details and make sure you put a
personal touch that says every guest is special. You have the
knowledge and ability to perform massage and body services that
meet the guidelines and expectations as laid out by the Spa
Director/Manager as well as within the guidelines established by
your current licensure within the State of New Mexico. You maintain
the highest level of product knowledge and have a complete
understanding of all spa services offered. You know the ingredients
in products and can explain their benefits to guests and help
answer any guest questions in a positive and professional manner.
As a Massage Therapist, you are knowledgeable about Taos Ski
Valley, The Blake Hotel and The Spa and able to provide direction
to guests to include packages offered, hours of operation, class
schedules of The Spa & Fitness Center, mountain statistics and the
adventurous offerings of our scenic surroundings. As a Massage
Therapist, you will try to up-sell services and options to
potential and repeat guests. You strive to provide exceptional
service to both fellow staff members and guests at all times.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of
duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your
supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to policies of Taos Ski Valley, Inc.
- Performs massage and body services that meet the established
guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service
from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has
complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered.
Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their
benefits to guests. Answers guests' questions in a knowledgeable
and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use.
- Suggests to guests' other beneficial treatments offered in the
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their
shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to
- Informs Spa Director/Manager or other management personnel
about product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled workdays
- Conducts oneself with integrity, respect and compassion,
recognizing that each individual's unique attributes contribute to
the overall success of Taos Ski Valley, Inc.
- Strives for open, honest, and effective communication in order
to build trust in our relationships with our guests and fellow
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley,
Inc.'s Vision, Purpose, and Values.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and
opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced
with setbacks, challenges, and while working in an ever-changing
- Efficient, well-organized, and able to handle a variety of
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion and polished appearance
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest's
- Valid New Mexico state license in massage therapy or
credentials required by the state of New Mexico
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa
- Must be able to build positive rapport with the guests
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other language skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends,
holidays, and evenings.
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment,
especially during Holiday and Peak days. TSVI is located in a
high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on
uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet,
cold, and/or humid conditions. Must be able to work in close
quarters and with other staff.
Physical Demands of Position Include:
Position requires you to lift up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis
and occasionally group lift up to 50 pounds. This position requires
you to be able to talk, hear, smell stand and walk 80-90% of the
time and to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend 10-20% of the time.
This position will require you to operate the following tools:
massage oils and lotions, hot stones, hot cabbie, hand towels, eye
masks, body treatment products, hot packs, mud, salts, paraffin
heaters, and disinfectants.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or
confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash
may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is
contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
- Is a Background Check required for this position: Yes.
- Is an MVR required for this position: No.
Posted:08/03/2022 05:39 AM
Keywords: Taos Ski Valley, Inc., Portland , Licensed Massage Therapist - Winter, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!