Certified Nurse Assistant II-Acute
Location: Brush Prairie
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Works as a member of the nursing team under the supervision of
the Registered Nurse on assignments that are routine in nature and
within authorized duties of the CNA 2 Acute Care. Tasks performed
have predetermined procedures and guidance and supervision is
provided as needed. Position supports RN in patient care delivery
as dictated by comfort and safety and in accordance with identified
training and certification.
Essential Functions:- Work tasks are fully defined.
- Refers more difficult issues to RN.
- Uses judgment to perform tasks.
- Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrates effective written/verbal communication.
- Documents and relays messages or instructions accurately.
- Reports patient information on a timely basis.
- Verifies understanding of information and asks for clarification
- Documents accurately to reflect understanding of assigned
- Confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service.
- Contributes to a positive patient care experience.
- Anticipates the customer's desires and takes proactive steps to
meet those needs.
- Recognizes the diversity and cultural norms of the
- Seeks assistance when needed in culturally sensitive
- Obtains vital signs and collects data; reports values outside
- Reports observations.
- Reports outcomes of assigned nursing care tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve.
- Identifies resources and uses them when confronted with a
- Prioritizes assigned tasks and work or seeks assistance
- Demonstrates understanding of how Kaiser Permanente key systems
affect services and quality of care.
- Demonstrates technological literacy in using computerized
information systems related to assignments.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of clinical procedures and use
of special equipment as assigned.
- Attends mandatory in-services related to patient care and others
- Displays clinical knowledge appropriate to education/training and
- Assists in identifying own learning needs.
- Seeks assistance when doing an unfamiliar task/activity, or when
unable to perform an assigned task/activity.
- Takes responsibility to keep informed of organizational policies
and current information in policy and procedure manuals and unit
- Provides care and assists patients within the limits of the
authorized duties for CNA 2 Acute Care consistent with those
defined by the state.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the legal responsibilities, limitations
and implications of their actions.
- Provides care in compliance with government, state or regulatory
agencies (e.g. Medicare).
- Adheres to and supports KP policies and Principles of
- Adheres to HIPAA and confidentiality policies.
- Demonstrate accepted ethical practices with respect to cultural,
social and ethnic differences, within the health care environment
(e.g. CLAS standards).
- Interacts effectively and sensitively with all members of the
- Demonstrates flexibility as a team member.
- Collaborates with team members and supports the goals of the
- Supports a collaborative LMP environment.
- Assists others with patient care activities when own assignment
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record.
- Participates in unit-based activities, including staff
- This job description is not all encompassing.Basic
- One (1) year of experience as a CNA 1.
- High School Diploma or related medical assistant experience.
- Completion of an OSBN approved CNA 1 Program.
- If hired prior to 11/17/08, must have current Oregon
certification as a Nursing Assistant and must obtain CNA2 Acute
Care Certification by 11/17/08. - If hired after 11/17/08 must have
current Oregon CNA2 Acute Care Certification.
- Must obtain BLS with AED certification within thirty (30) days of
hire. -Preferred Qualifications:- Previous experience as a CNA 2
Acute Care preferred.
- Computer keyboarding skills preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category:
Keywords: Kaiser, Portland , Certified Nurse Assistant II-Acute, Healthcare , Brush Prairie, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!