CNA - Telemetry
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionPeaceHealth is seeking a CNA - Telemetry for a Full
Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at
$17.98, more depending on experience.**HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE*Must
be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose
series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final
dose prior to start date.JOB SUMMARYAssists professional nursing
personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by
performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using
skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and
techniques under direction and supervision of a registered
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the
Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking
and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid
intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs
and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering
treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing;
mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance;
eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in
and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply
areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry,
chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- Graduate of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as
required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
of hire.OTHER SKILLS:
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude
towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers,
peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function
effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service
skillsREGION/SPECIFIC NOTES:Columbia Network-St.Johns:
- May be required to complete required CareConnect training to
assist with Coordination of Patient Transport.LONGVIEW
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged
periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor
ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure
to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may
include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled
linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).This position is
represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more
than one opening on this posting.See how PeaceHealth is committed
to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
.For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.REQNUMBER: 36940
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Portland , CNA - Telemetry, Healthcare , Longview, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!