Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry (Portland, partial remote, 24 hr)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment,
diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for
patients with common psychiatric illnesses or symptoms (may include
ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic assessments;
ordering medications; and assuming on-call responsibilities).
Perform health maintenance services, including patient education,
for well members. Refer patients for further treatment within the
MH department for complex or difficult problems needing more than
primary mental health support. Document in writing all care in
patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted
medical/legal standards. Provide all medical care in accordance
with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols
(including supervision by a physician), and State licensing
guidelines. Position focus is on helping primary care team provide
care to patients with mental health needs. This position is a
consultative role and will work in partnership to manage panel of
members under the accountability of Primary Care provider.
- Provide assessment and follow up consultation for Primary Care
MD's when mental health issues are present and beyond scope of
practice of primary care physicians.
- Support smooth transition or stabilization of members
discharged from mental health care back into primary care for
follow up and ongoing management.
- Coordinate with the mental health department and represent
point of contact resource for primary care in coordination of care
for members with co-occurring mental and physical illnesses.
- All other duties as required by licensure and the organization
that will assist in the care and management of members who have
psychiatric issues or illnesses.
- On call responsibilities consist of back up for Ambulatory
Psychiatrists coverage of on call duties. At all times a hospital
based psychiatrist would be available for consult and coverage of
issues beyond the scope of the NP.Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing services within
mental health clinic or agency.Education
- PMHNP from accredited program or equivalent requirements to
meet State Licensure.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- NP: National certification.
- Current Oregon OR Washington RN license in state where assigned
required upon hire/transfer.
- Current Oregon OR Washington NP license in state where assigned
required upon hire/transfer.
- Prescription registration.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in
specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
- Working knowledge of State health care laws, licensing board
regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common
medical and psychiatric diseases.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see
large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and
- PMHNP from accredited program.Job Schedule: Job Category:
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Portland , Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry (Portland, partial remote, 24 hr), Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!