RN, 9KPV Orthopedics & Spine, Experienced (Fellowship), FT, Days
Company: Oregon Health & Science University Hospital
Posted on: January 26, 2023
9KPV provides care to adolescent through geriatric patients ranging
from 16-100+ who have a variety of diagnoses which require surgical
interventions and recovery for orthopedic conditions. This
population may include, but is not limited to: joint replacement
surgeries and revisions, orthopedic tumor surgeries, spine
surgeries, fracture repairs, and other types of orthopedic care. -
9KPV also provides care for a variety of surgical observation
patients who require monitoring after day surgery procedures for
pain control, postop nausea and vomiting, surgical site monitoring
or other indications.
- This role is subject to a collective bargaining agreement with
the Oregon Nurses Association (ONA).
- FTE : 9, Full Time
- Shift : -
- Shift Length : - 12 Hours
- Start and Stop Times : -
- Weekend Obligation : Unit Based Nursing Practice Council
(UBNPC) approved guidelines
- Floating Obligation : Within 6 months per unit
- Salary : Hourly rate based on ONA contract
- Leave : Successful completion of the TTP program necessitates
attendance during all learning activities.
- External Candidates: Vacation, paid or unpaid leave requests
(not related to an organizational policy) up to 10-weeks from the
start date are not permitted. All other vacation, paid or unpaid
leave requests are subject to compliance with the Collective
Bargaining Agreement between ONA and OHSU.
Function/Duties of Position
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Package Available
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate,
evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families,
communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care
delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA
Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The
Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of
scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the
Professional Role---]. Professional accountability enriches the
Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an
inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making,
innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN
exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to
a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an
Engaged Informed Culture.
To access the -RN Role Description and Department Specific
Requirement Addendums go to the TTP Program webpage:
Minimum requirements for all Nurses:
- Review the RN Role Description on the TTP Program webpage.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing for external hires;
Baccalaureate degree preferred to internal candidates.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing awarded from a program
accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE),
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or
Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) by 30 days
before the start date.
- Current unencumbered Oregon RN license by 1 week before the
- Current BLS certification awarded by the American Heart
Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA by the
Department Specific Requirements:
- Review the Department Specific Requirements on the TTP Program
- 2-years of current nursing experience in adult acute care,
adult intermediate care, and/or emergency department
- BLS must not expire during the TTP Program. -
- A minimum score of 11/18 on the OHSU Nurse Interview Evaluation
Transition to Practice (TTP) Program Individualized Orientation
Schedule of 3-7 weeks:
- Group-based, self-directed, and preceptorship hours are
integrated weekly for up to 40 hours per week. The learning
environments are a mix of in-person and teleworking.
- Group-based, self-directed, and preceptorship shifts are
integrated weekly for up to 40 hours per week.
- Group-based hours: Monday-Friday 0800-1700 (8-hour blocks) or
1500-1900 (4-hour blocks).
- Self-directed hours: Monday-Sunday all-hours up to 8-hours a
- Preceptorship hours: Assigned based on preceptor team schedules
during Monday-Sunday 0700-1930, or 1900-0730.
Transition to hired shift may be delayed for a temporary
reassignment due to individual development needs and skill mix of
the employees on the unit or the hires shift at any given time.
*Bonus Disclaimer: current OHSU, Adventist and Hillsboro Medical
Center employees are not eligible
Keywords: Oregon Health & Science University Hospital, Portland , RN, 9KPV Orthopedics & Spine, Experienced (Fellowship), FT, Days, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!