RN, 10K Neurosciences & OTO/HNS, Experienced, FT, Nights
Posted on: January 26, 2023
A clinical RN who demonstrates the professional role obligations of
scientist, leader, practitioner and knowledge transfer. KPV 10 is a
Med/Surg Neuroscience unit that provides care to adolescent through
Primary patient populations include:
* Neurosurgery: All aspects of pre & post-surgery for procedures
such as craniotomies, spinal surgeries, transphenoidal surgeries,
lumbar drain management and more.
* Neurology: All aspects of caring for those with encephalopathies,
Guillian-Barre syndrome, auto-immune diseases, seizure disorders,
neurological disorders of unknown etiology and more.
* Stroke: Comprehensive Stroke Center that cares for both ischemic
and hemorrhagic strokes along with all their complications.
Secondary patient populations include:
* Head & Neck Surgery/Oral Maxillofacial Surgery: All aspects of
pre & post-surgery for procedures such as new tracheotomies, total
laryngectomies, tissue transfers, jaw fractures, complex dental
procedures and more.
This role is subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the
Oregon Nurses Association (ONA).
* Weekend Obligation: Unit based approved guidelines
* Floating Obligation: Within 6 months per unit recommendation
* Salary: Hourly rate based on ONA contract
* Leave: Successful completion of the TTP program necessitates
attendance during all learning activities
* External Candidates: Vacations, paid, or unpaid leave requests
(not related to an organizational policy) up to 10-weeks from the
start date are not permitted. All other vacation, paid, or unpaid
leave requests are subject to compliance with the Collective
Bargaining Agreement between ONA and OHSU.
* Internal ONA Candidates: All vacation, paid, or unpaid leave
requests are subject to compliance with the Collective Bargaining
Agreement between ONA and OHSU. Pre-scheduled vacations or leave
plans must be disclosed prior to consideration for hire to
determine the start date.
Function/Duties of Position
Competitive Hiring Bonus and Relocation Package Available!
Now accepting Associate's degrees!
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate,
evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families,
communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care
delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA
Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The
Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of
scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the
Professional Role]. Professional accountability enriches the
Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an
inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making,
innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN
exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to
a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an
Engaged Informed Culture.
Minimum requirements for all Nurses:
* Associate degree in Nursing; Baccalaureate degree preferred
* Nursing degree awarded from a program accredited by Commission of
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for
Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education
* For Associate degree candidates, BSN program must be started
withing 3 years of hire and completed within 5 years
* Current unencumbered Oregon RN license by the start date
* Current BLS certification awarded by the American Heart
Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA by the
Department Specific Requirements:
* Review the Department Specific Requirements Addendum on the TTP
* 1 year of current nursing experience in adult acute care, adult
intermediate care, and/or emergency department observation
* BLS must not expire during orientation
Transition to Practice (TTP) Program Individualized Orientation
tailored to applicant's needs:
Our learning program is unique. You will receive a fellowship
program tailored to your development needs for this specialty;
which could be for 4 weeks and up to six months.
Transition to hired shift may be delayed for a temporary
reassignment due to individual development needs and skill mix of
the employees on the unit or the hires shift at any given time.
* Bonus Disclaimer: current OHSU RNs, Adventist in Portland and
Hillsboro Medical Center employees are not eligible
Keywords: OHSU, Portland , RN, 10K Neurosciences & OTO/HNS, Experienced, FT, Nights, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!