Company: Oregon Health & Science University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Computed Tomography (CT) opening in Portland, Oregon. This and
other radiology and imaging jobs brought to you by
***Sign-On and Relocation Bonus Eligible Position***
Come Work for Oregon's #1 Hospital!
The function of the CT Technologist position within the Department
of Diagnostic Imaging is to provide technical diagnostic support.
CT Technologists operate multi-detector scan equipment used to
capture and process images for the purpose of medical diagnosis.The
CT technologist promotes OHSU's mission statement by delivering
high quality, cost effective, family-oriented service. This
position helps to create a collaborative environment by integrating
education, research and clinical leadership. The CT Technologists
work with infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. This
position may require operating the Portable CT Scanner in the ICU
and Operating Room as needed. Other duties as assigned.
This position comes with fabulous benefits! Highlights
- Vacation - up to 208 hours per year pending length of service
for full-time employees
- Sick Leave - 64 hours per year for full-time employees
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision care plans. Covered 100%
for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- $25K of term life insurance provided at no cost to the
- Retirement: Choose between pension plan or employee matching
voluntary savings plan
- Substantial Tri-met and C-Tran discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- OHSU is a non-profit organization, so we qualify for the Public
Loan Forgiveness Program
- Innovative Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Employee Discounts
FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- Operates multi-slice CT Scanners to perform exams with accuracy
and efficiency, using optimal skills and knowledge of
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to evaluate anatomy and any
related pathologies for presentation to the Radiologist.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in CT physics & Radiation
- Exercises responsible judgment in recognizing and reporting
significant situations relating to patient care.
- Prepares and instructs the patient for the diagnostic exam
using age appropriate communication skills.
- Adjusts scanning factors and patient positioning to eliminate
or minimize artifacts due to patient habitus, motion, implants, or
- Adheres to the ALARA principle while optimizing the exam to
obtain the highest image quality with the lowest possible radiation
dose to the patient
- Must be able to perform all ranges of exams after completion of
technical competencies. Continues to stay current in regards to new
CT technology hardware and software upgrades.
- Demonstrates specific normal and abnormal cross sectional
anatomy/pathology through the use of scan techniques,
reconstructions, and 3D post-processin
- Verifies complete documentation of all pertinent information to
provide accurate and timely service to customers.
- Verifies imaging order and protocol in the patient's electronic
- Responsible for correctly identify patients by complying with
Imaging dept. Patient Identification Policy.
- Labels images completely & accurately with patient
demographics, position or other required documentation.
- Follows through with all aspects of scanning duties in order to
provide efficient and timely completion of examinations with
correct data entry, begin and complete with correct billing and
verification that images are in PACS.
- Technologists prescreen all patients for sensitivity &
contraindications to contrast medications used during the imaging
- Implements the correct types of contrast and injection factors
on a case-by-case basis.
- Generates a CD or DVD of imaging exams on an as-needed
- Graduate of an AMA approved training program in Radiologic
- CT Technologists must be licensed by the Oregon Board of
Medical Imaging, have an approved and valid CPR card, and have an
ARRT (CT) registry. CT Technologists who do not have an ARRT (CT)
registry must be ARRT (R), or ARRT (N), or NMTCB certified or ARRT
(RT) registered upon hire with documentation of CT Clinical
Experience requirements; and must receive CT certification by the
ARRT within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position
with or without accommodation.
Keyphrases: computerized tomography jobs, computer tomography jobs,
computed tomography jobs, tomography jobs, cat scan technician
jobs, cat scan technologist jobs, cat scan tech jobs, ct scan jobs,
ct scan tech jobs, ct scan technician jobs, ct scan technologist
Keywords: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland , CT Tech, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!