RN Critical Care Internship - Westside 36 Hr Night
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members
of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose
and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems.
The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing
and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses
care activities with other health care disciplines.
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate
multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning
needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic
tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs
complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual
nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the
developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care
activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic
departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan
and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately
delegates patient care activities based on patients condition and
scope of practice of other health care providers. Established
priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate
measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or
surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for
management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians
plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care
according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary
approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures
correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient
teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications.
Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment
methods, plan of care, and patients response to treatment.
Participates in unit quality assurance activities. Basic
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience.One (1) year of
current in-hospital or ER experience.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. License,
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- NIH Stroke Scale Certificate within 3 months of hire
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Current manager recommendation.
- Competent in Cardiac Rhythm Recognition by end of ICU
internship. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- Experience with vasopressor RX infusion.
- Experience with ventilators.
- History or past ICU/telemetry or step-down unit
- Competent Cardiac Rhythm Recognition.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Portland , RN Critical Care Internship - Westside 36 Hr Night, Healthcare , Cornelius, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...