RN, Inpatient, OFN Float
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Summary: Under general supervision and in collaboration with
other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment
skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential
health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning,
directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and
coordinating nurses care activities with other health care
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate
multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning
needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic
tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs
complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual
nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the
developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care
activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic
departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan
and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately
delegates patient care activities based on patients condition and
scope of practice of other health care providers. Established
priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate
measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or
surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for
management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians
plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care
according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary
approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures
correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient
teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications.
Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment
methods, plan of care, and patients response to treatment.
Participates in unit quality assurance activities. Basic
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience.
- Recent Med/Surg experience in an acute care setting OR one (1)
year RN experience in a skilled nursing facility. Education
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. License,
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
required at hire
- NIH Stroke Scale Certificate within 3 months of hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire Additional
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Experience in acute care or skilled nursing, utilizing the
nursing process, effective problem solving and communication
skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- Two (2) years recent Med/Surg experience in an acute care
- Demonstrated clinical judgment with inpatient orthopedic
- Med/Surg Certification.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Portland , RN, Inpatient, OFN Float, Healthcare , Beavercreek, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...