RN Medical Surgical 1 North - Sunnyside, 36 N
Posted on: May 27, 2023
This position represents 2 openings. - -Job Summary:Under
general supervision and in collaboration with other members of the
health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and
treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The
RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and
evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care
activities with other health care disciplines.Essential
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate
multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning
needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic
tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs
complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual
nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the
developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care
activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic
departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan
and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately
delegates patient care activities based on patients condition and
scope of practice of other health care providers. Established
priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate
measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or
surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for
management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians
plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care
according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary
approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures
correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient
teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications.
Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment
methods, plan of care, and patients response to treatment.
Participates in unit quality assurance activities. Basic
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience. Education
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. License,
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is
- Basic Life Support
- NIH Stroke Scale Certificate within 3 months of hire Additional
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Recent experience in acute care or skilled nursing, utilizing
the nursing process, effective problem solving and communication
- Must pass the telemetry test within 6 months of hire or
transfer to the unit. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- Two (2) years of recent medical-surgical experience in an acute
- Previous telemetry experience.
- Experience with insulin drips.
- Medical-Surgical Certification.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the care of stroke and
neuro patients.PrimaryLocation : Oregon,Clackamas,Kaiser Sunnyside
Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 36Shift : NightWorkdays : Mon, Tue,
Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 07:00 PMWorkingHoursEnd
: 07:30 AMJob Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee
Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : W01-AFT-Local
5017Job Level : Individual ContributorJob Category : Nursing
Licensed & Nurse PractitionersDepartment : Sunnyside Medical Center
- Med/Surg - UNIT 4 - 1001Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Portland , RN Medical Surgical 1 North - Sunnyside, 36 N, Healthcare , Washougal, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...