Dental Hygienist - $7,500 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: May 27, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
Now hiring for our new dental clinic in Portland!
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $7,500 paid in your first paycheck.
- $47-$56/hour DOE.
- Additional pay for your bilingual skills.
- Paid state license fees and cash + additional paid time off for
- Eligible for loan repayment programs that would increase your
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical
history and vital signs as needed.
- Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including taking,
developing and storing the X-Rays as necessary.
- Completes periodontal charting as directed.
- Prepares tools and equipment necessary for the Provider and
assists Provider with the exams as necessary.
- Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including
scaling, prophylaxis, root planing, and the application of
preventative agents and sealants.
- Performs expanded functions including placing and carving
amalgam and composite restorations, application of cavity liners,
and placement/removal of temporary crowns.
- Administers local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia as
- Provides education and counsel for patients in oral hygiene.
Formulates dental hygiene treatment plans for patients, consulting
the provider as needed.
- Participates in the clinic s infection control program,
including sterilization of instruments and cleaning of operatories
as needed. Provides input to the Dental Leadership team to assist
in the development of goals and methods to increase efficiency of
the Dental Clinic as needed.
- May participate in the development, implementation, and
coordination of dental education programs provided inside and
outside the organization.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with TJC, HRSA
and org requirements.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school. Successful
completion of Western Regional Examining Board (WREB) or equivalent
exam. Successful completion of a board approved course for
restorative function endorsement.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: OR Dental Hygiene License.
CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10
on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential
pay. Knowledge of standard dental practices and current hygiene
concepts. Knowledge of and skilled in the delivery of dental
anesthetic. Knowledge of and skilled in placing restorations.
Ability to effectively assess, adapt and interact with a variety of
patients of all ages, and employees in a professional manner.
Ability to effectively manage one s time, schedule, and resources
to ensure that work is completed efficiently, appropriately, and
within required timelines. High level of dexterity and
coordination. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs
including Electronic Dental Records, Microsoft Outlook, Word and
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
good. We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior
and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: chart, complete,
condition, dental hygienist, diagnosis, e11, hygienst, mouth,
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Portland , Dental Hygienist - $7,500 Bonus, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...