Expanded Function Dental Assistant - S4,000 Sign-on Bonus - $4,000 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: May 28, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
The person in this position assists the Dental Provider at chair
side. In addition, the Dental Assistant greets patients and
prepares them for treatment.
This is a full time position wtih a work schedule that is split
between our clinics in Salem and Woodburn.
What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of $4,000 on first paycheck and $2,000 at 12
months of employment.
- $24 - $26.46/hour DOE.
- Additional pay for your bilingual skills.
- Work-life balance with a 4-day work week, Monday - Friday.
Clinic hours are 7:30am - 6:30pm,
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical
history and vital signs as needed.
- Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including panoramic
and cephalometric radiographs, and intra oral photographs. Develops
and stores the X-Rays in the electronic patient s dental
- Sets up and records periodontal charting per Provider s
- Prepares and sets up instruments and equipment necessary for
the patient exam performed by the Provider.
- Mixes materials needed for the exam with awareness of infection
control and cross contamination.
- Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including
the application of coronal polish, fluoride treatments, and
- Starts and monitors nitrous oxide analgesia as necessary under
the direct supervision of the Provider. (Only in Washington),
- Provides education and counsel in oral hygiene for patients in
the clinic and Mobile Unit school based programs.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring the patient infection
control program for the clinic, including ensuring the integrity of
sterile packaging, sterilizing instruments/equipment, and cleaning
autoclaves and operatories.
- May assist in Orthodontics including; obtaining patient
records, bite registrations, patient models, fabricating
orthodontic retainers, and placing/removing ligature ties.
- May perform Lead duties by maintaining the daily flow of the
department and acting as a liaison between line staff and the
direct supervisor. Manages breaks, lunches, sick calls and
overtime. Provides insights to leader regarding the skill level and
performance of the employees. Responsible for providing training to
new employees and existing staff when needed.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPR
certification within 90 days of employment. BLS (Basic Life
Support) certification within 90 days of employment preferred.
Registration as a Surgical Technologist if assisting a Dentist in
the operating room. EFDA certification within 90 days of employment
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred:
English/Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal
communication required. Demonstrates the ability to communicate at
level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Basic knowledge of
medical/dental terminology and dental anatomy. Basic knowledge of
dental materials and instruments. Basic knowledge of infection
control techniques. Basic knowledge of oral health care
instruction. Ability to perform four-handed dental assisting
including instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and
spatulation. Strong level of manual dexterity and coordination.
Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients of all
ages, and employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency
with a variety of computer programs including an Electronic Dental
Record (EDR), Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15
dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: assistant, dental
biller, bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical, clinical
assistant, oxide, radiographer, steps, x ray
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Portland , Expanded Function Dental Assistant - S4,000 Sign-on Bonus - $4,000 Bonus, Healthcare , Canby, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...