Medical Assistant - Neurology - PRN
Company: Willamette Valley Medical Center
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Position Summary -Medical Assistant for Neurology Clinic
supports and provides patient care based on physician and patient
need according to clinic policies and protocols. - Ensures patients
are properly received and the necessary business and record keeping
functions are completed prior and post to the patient receiving
medical services. - This individual is under the supervision of the
physician and immediate supervisor within the scope of the practice
for Certified Medical Assistants.
Position Qualifications:1. - Ability to meet minimum clinic hiring
standards.2. - Strong clerical skills, including computer software
proficiency. 3. - Certified Medical Assistant Required.4. - CPR
certification within three months of employment. 5. - One year
medical assistant experience in a clinic setting preferred.6. -
Phlebotomy skills.7. - Working knowledge of general medical
equipment and instruments. 8. - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
preferred.9. - Excellent communication skills including ability to
relate well with a variety of people and to sustain an attitude of
respect for all individuals.
- Certified Medical Assistant required.
- BLS certification within three months of employment and
maintain as current.
- One year medical assistant experience in a clinic setting
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Working knowledge of general medical equipment and
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to relate well
with a variety of people and to sustain an attitude of respect for
- Commitment to the team problem solving approach using a
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs patient care responsibilities to include but not
limited to: Intake - to include but not limited to updating current
medication and problem lists, past medical history, allergies,
- Performs routine clinic responsibilities to include but not
limited to: Review and address staff and individual Athena
- Maintains appropriate EMR documentation, obtains necessary
prior authorizations, provides notification to patient and
physician and follows up on all physician orders.
- Maintains patient rights and organizational ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate sound judgment, patience and maintain a
professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you
have any Special need or seek accommodation to aid your
participation in our hiring process, please contact us at (503)
Keywords: Willamette Valley Medical Center, Portland , Medical Assistant - Neurology - PRN, Healthcare , Mcminnville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!