RN - Senior Behavior Health Unit - Days
Company: Willamette Valley Medical Center
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Registered Nurse utilizes the knowledge bases of nursing
education and experience in order to deliver nursing care using the
nursing process according to hospital policies, procedures and
protocols, after initial orientation and completion of skills
checklist. The RN responds to life-threatening situations with
appropriate nursing interventions. The RN organizes patient care
delivery by prioritizing, delegating, delivering and evaluating on
an ongoing basis. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes
team concept and reflects the WVMC mission and philosophy
- Current RN licensure in the state of Oregon
- Experience in either adult or geriatric psychiatric program or
Medical Surgical Program
- Obtain BLS certification within three months of hire and
maintain as current
- De-escalation training within ninety days of hire and maintain
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the Nursing
Process for patients in the following age groups: Adults and
- Documents thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital
- Participates in the responsible management of health care
- Initiates, facilitates, and delegates therapeutic patient
groups, based on the program schedule.
- Participates as a contributory member of the interdisciplinary
team, including contributing to the wellness and maintenance of the
overall unit environment.
- Practices in a clinical environment through application of
theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical competency , professional
development, and meeting annual in-service requirements .
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience,
and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to work in a busy and stressful
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Electronic medical
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Interpersonal verbal communication and advanced math
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Ability to therapeutically work with possible physically and
verbally aggressive patients.
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you
have special need or seek accommodation to aid your participation
in our hiring process, please contact us at (503) 472-6131.
Keywords: Willamette Valley Medical Center, Portland , RN - Senior Behavior Health Unit - Days, Healthcare , Mcminnville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!