Senior Therapeutic Area Specialist (TAS), Oncology, Portland, OR
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren't words that are
usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb
is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens
every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line
to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that
transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do
it. You'll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities
uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in
diversity. Take your career farther than you thought
possible.Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance
and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives. Read more:
careers.bms.com/working-with-us.Position: Senior Therapeutic Area
Specialist (TAS), OncologyTerritory/Location: Portland, Salem,
Eugene, OR & Vancouver, WAPosition SummaryThe TAS is critical role
in our unique customer model to execute the BMS aspiration to be
the BioPharma that delivers the most impactful engagement with
Health Care Providers (HCPs), driving adoption of new and existing
medicines for appropriate patients.The primary role of the TAS is
to be accountable for the appropriate adoption of BMS assigned
Oncology portfolio and generate demand. To meet the HCPs
expectations, the TAS engages them with a differentiated Customer
Experience (Cx) through deep scientific dialog.The role builds and
maintains strong professional relationships with selected National
Thought Leaders (NTLs) and focus on regional thought leaders (RTLs)
and community-based physicians/HCPs in private practice, medical
groups practices, office staff, and other stakeholders in the
patient care continuum as their primary point of contact.The TAS
liaises with other BMS functions as needed to deliver an overall
higher Customer Experience (Cx) by meeting HCP needs in a timely
and scientific manner. This role will prioritize the safe and
appropriate use of BMS products while also focusing on overall
business results and performance objectives while exemplifying BMS
values.The TAS role is field based. A TAS is anticipated to spend
their time in the field with external customers.Key
- Promotes approved indications of BMS products within a defined
territory or region to meet or exceed assigned sales targets.
- Organize promotional programs like lunch & learn and speaker
- Creates demand for BMS medicines by articulating the clinical
and scientific rationale for use of products in appropriate
- Maximizes the usage of AI based targeting capabilities (CE3) to
define their call plan.
- Participates to OMNICHANNEL interactions with customers.
- Engages with and continuously maintains/grows a high level of
scientific expertise in all assigned products and therapeutic
- Prepares and successfully implements a comprehensive territory
and account plans.Fair & Balanced Scientific Dialogue
- Demonstrates scientific expertise and passion in using approved
scientific resources and publications to present information to
HCPs and ensures medical accuracy.
- Conducts office presentations and discusses product related
scientific information with HCPs that is consistent with
- Maintains high level of working expertise on emerging
- Engages real time medical support to reactively answer
unsolicited questions requiring scientific
- Proactive collaboration with other field teams to ensure best
Customer Experience (Cx) for HCPs.
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments of shared goals
by gathering and sharing relevant insights and information
internally to enable BMS to better serve its customers.Complies
with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of
BMS.Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Advanced scientific degree and/or preferred 5+ years of
pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience as healthcare sales /MSL
/ HCP / nurse.
- Ability to communicate scientific or clinical data convincingly
to help physicians best serve their patients.
- Strong selling and promotional skills
- Demonstrated strong capability in account management skill
sets, superior selling competencies, and proven sales performance
track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong
relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the
customer influence network via customer centric mindset and desire
to create positive and differentiated Customer Experience
- Experience in Oncology is preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross-functionally
with a positive team mindset and can-do attitude.Key competencies
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results.
- Experience identifying, engaging, and cultivating relationships
with customers across the patient care journey.
- Demonstrated account management skills and problem-solving
mentality. Understands the flow of patients through practice and
can customize engagement and deliver tailored messages.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to create access.
- Demonstrated digital agility.Patient centricity
- Understands the patient journey and experience.
- Able to adopt a patient-focused mindset.
- Exhibits genuine care for patients.Scientific Agility
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to articulate
scientific and clinical data in an easy-to-understand manner to
help HCPs best serve their patients.
- Has a strong learning mindset and passion for science.
Prioritizes staying current with the latest
- Strong business acumen to understand and analyze business and
market drivers and develop, execute, and adjust business
- Demonstrates a strong sense of learning agility. Seeks out and
learns from unfamiliar experiences, and then applies those lessons
to achieve better results in subsequent situations.
- Track record of balancing individual drive and collaborative
- Holds a high level of integrity and good judgment, in order to
navigate the requirements of the role effectively and compliantly
in accordance with BMS policies and proceduresAs this position
requires the operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of
employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the
requirements of "Qualified Driver," as determined by the Company in
its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1)
at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver's license in good standing
issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level
deemed acceptable by the Company.#FTDCOMMERCIAL#TASJOBS#LIREMOTEIf
you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn't perfectly
line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You
could be one step away from work that will transform your life and
career.Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as "Transforming patients' lives
through science--- ", every BMS employee plays an integral role in
work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to
apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an
inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while
our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability,
inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of
our colleagues.On-site Protocol
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the
field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company
deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee
well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.BMS
is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel
through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace
accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles.
Applicants can request a reasonable workplace
accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you
require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this
application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your
inquiries to email@example.com. Visit
careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal
Employment Opportunity statement.BMS cares about your well-being
and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and
communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all
employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with
Covid-19 boosters.BMS will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to
applicable laws in your area.Any data processed in connection with
role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable
data privacy policies and regulations.
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Portland , Senior Therapeutic Area Specialist (TAS), Oncology, Portland, OR, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!