Medical Laboratory Scientist - Group Lead
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Medical Laboratory Scientist - Group Lead - Portland, OR -
Monday - Friday - 8:00AM-5:00PMPerformtest procedures of
moderate/high complexity requiring the exercise of independent
judgement and responsibility in those specialties in which they are
qualified by education,trainingand experience.Assist Lab Supervisor
and serve as a technical resource for the department.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all duties of a Medical Technologist
I and II.
- Perform and report on assigned analytical tests in accordance
with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) ensuring that
applicable quality control requirements are met.
- Actively support and comply with laboratory policies and
procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis,
reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Adhere to analytical schedules to maintain turnaround time of
resultsincluding STATS or critical results to clients.
- Perform, reviewand document QC analysis toensure accuracy of
clinical data and proper instrument function. Make quality control
decisions regarding the disposition of an assay or test.
- Review requests for validity checks and recommend an
appropriate course of actiontaking into accountthe limitations of
specimen requirements and the effects of time and the quality of
additional and/or repeat testing.
- Serve as a technical resource for the department by
investigating and resolving analytical testing problems,
recommending a course of action in instances identified as beyond
acceptable limits, and responding to non-routine/complex inquiries
and/or requests from clients and sales representatives.
- Assist Lab Supervisor by monitoringworkflowto meet testing
schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; training
employees in laboratory techniques; resolving work-related problems
of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and
- Expedite the flow of work to maximize productive capacity by
evaluating production systems and recommending enhancements and
coordinating the resolution of production problems/issues involving
other laboratory departments.
- Maintain laboratory areas and equipment in a safe,functionaland
- Complete training and competency checklists as appropriateand
assist with the department's annual competency testing process and
- Adheres to all established CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, andlaboratory
safety requirementsand reviews department activities to ensure
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b)
engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed
- Participate in government or regulatory agency inspections, if
- Perform necessary supervisor functions in the absence of a
Supervisor,if qualified and delegated.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of
work performed by the position.
QUALIFICATIONS Required WorkExperience:Three (3) tofive (5) years
of clinical experienceas a Medical Technologistwithin the
designated discipline.Foreign educated candidates must provide a
detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education
Research Foundation). The United States educated candidates must
provide a detailed original transcript.Preferred Work
Experience:Experience as a Medical Technologist at Quest is highly
desired.Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual and automated
pipettes and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of which
demand significant manual dexterity.Knowledge:
- Comprehensivetheoretical and operational job knowledge in
designated specialty required.
- Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and
- Proven leadershipand problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented,have the ability towork independently,
establish work prioritiesfor self and othersand to handle several
tasks simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Ability to schedule and manage resources to meet department
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and
effectively with supervisors,co-workersand clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word,Excel, and Outlook) and
Laboratory Information Systems.EDUCATION Bachelor's
Degree(Required)LICENSECERTIFICATIONS ASCP CertificationWhile we
appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept
unsolicited resumes from agencies. Quest will not be responsible
for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has
sent an unsolicited resume.2024-54562
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Portland , Medical Laboratory Scientist - Group Lead, Healthcare , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!