RN Med Surg Staff, Part Time - Nights
Company: Willamette Valley Medical Center
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are
appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Willamette
Valley Medical Center is a 60-bed acute-care, full-service
facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and certified as
an accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC Accreditation Services, the
accrediting arm of the American College of Cardiology. We also
provide a host of other services including the Joint Replacement
Institute, a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient Surgical
Services, a Family Birthing Center, Endoscopy, Cardiac
Catheterization Lab, Cardio Pulmonary Services, Therapy Services,
and Oncology services through H.R. Hoover MD Cancer Center.
Where We Are:
McMinnville, Oregon is located amid the rolling vineyards of the
Willamette Valley, midway between Portland and the coast in Yamhill
County. In addition to the natural beauty and historic charm,
McMinnville is a city where you can experience award-winning
restaurants, a world-class aviation museum, unique art galleries,
beautiful public parks, and fun-filled community events. We invite
you to explore our community through these local sites.
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Assistance for qualified
- And much more---
Position Summary: -
The Registered Nurse utilizes the knowledge bases of nursing
education and experience in order to deliver nursing care using the
nursing process according to hospital policies, procedures and
protocols. - The RN responds to life-threatening situations with
appropriate nursing interventions. - The RN organizes patient care
delivery by prioritizing, delegating, delivering and evaluating on
an ongoing basis. -
1. -Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. -Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
3. -Current RN licensure in the state of Oregon.
4. -Obtain BLS certification within three months of hire and
maintain as current.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the Nursing
Process for patients in the following age groups: Infants,
Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatrics.
- Documents thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital
- Participates in the responsible management of health care
- Assumes responsibility for clinical competency and professional
- Practices in a clinical environment through application of
theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- Ability to work varied shifts and/or days
- Actively participates in patient care and patient satisfaction
process improvement projects and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience,
and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. -
- Must be able to work in a busy and stressful
- Computer Skills and the ability to prioritize
- Interpersonal verbal communication and advanced math
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
Willamette Valley Medical Center is committed to providing Equal
Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and
complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of color,
race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status
or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you
have special need or seek accommodation to aid your participation
in our hiring process, please contact us at (503) 472-6131.
Keywords: Willamette Valley Medical Center, Portland , RN Med Surg Staff, Part Time - Nights, Healthcare , Mcminnville, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!