RAI Coordinator/MDS RN - Pacific Specialty Care
Company: Fortis Management Group
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Pacific Specialty and Rehabilitative Care center is currently hiring for a qualified RN to fill our RAI Coordinator/MDS RN role. ****Qualified applicants must have at least 1 year of MDS experience AND possess an RN License in the state of Washington.**** We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our center. We not only offer a comprehensive benefits package, but also amazing growth potential within our organization - see all we have to offer!
- FREE Medical Insurance during introductory period for FT Licensed Nurses and all non-union positions
- Medical, Dental, Vision single coverage insurance UNDER $100/month
- Over 2 weeks vacation (eligible after only 90 days) PLUS Flex Days
- Educational Assistance up to $2,500/yr
- 401 (k) Retirement Program, ST Disability as well as FREE Life Insurance LOCATION: VANCOUVER, WA FACILITY: PACIFIC SPECIALTY AND REHABILITATIVE CARE CENTER IND1 POSITION SUMMARY: The RAI Coordinator position is responsible for the coordination of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process to ensure accurate and timely completion of resident assessments in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid, OBRA and other payor program requirements. Ensures assessments accurately reflect the physical, mental and psychosocial status of each resident; ensures accuracy of RAI to reflect optimal reimbursement for services provided; ensures appropriate documentation to report and support services provided and assessment accuracy. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Case Management
- Manages Medicare Part A and B certification/recertification process
- Manages communication with managed care, VA and other payor sources
- Performs ongoing evaluation from pre-admission through discharge to ensure an appropriate reimbursement level for each resident. Evaluates care to ensure services and products provided match benefits available.
- Reviews medical records, care plans, charting to ensure documentation supports care and reimbursement level
- Monitors center practice to ensure compliance with guidelines for participation in Medicare, Medicaid and other benefit programs.
- Participates in quad check prior to release of claims
- Reviews state MDS validation reports to identify issues and/or processed to ensure accuracy of submitted MDS assessments
- RAI Process
- Works in collaboration with the therapy to ensure the most appropriate assessment reference data is utilized for Medicare assessments through the use of the PPS Pathway
- Initiates, directs and maintains the Medicare PPS/OBRA assessment schedules to ensure timely completion of all assessments
- Ensures all new admissions have an MDS completed timely and accurately
- Ensures each quarterly and annual assessment is accurate, complete and timely
- Initiates and completes re-entry and discharge item sets accurately and timely
- Performs modifications/inactivations of assessment in accordance with CMS Correction policy
- Verify timely transmission of MDS item sets in accordance with Center's standards
- Tracks, records and analyzes all defaults and rectifies, if appropriate. Implements corrective action to prevent further default status Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Possesses current license to practice in the state as an RN. Experience: One to three years experience as an MDS Coordinator. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Strong computer related skills. Experience using MDS software computer system and software including proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and an email system. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to work with all levels of employees. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to relate positively, effectively, appropriately with residents/patients, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Working knowledge of the MDS and RAI process with strong interest in Medicare, Medicaid, and other payor reimbursement systems. EOE M/W/Vet/Disabled The center is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying for positions at the center, please email for further assistance. A challenging and exciting career at the center awaits you. If you are interested in a rewarding career, working with other compassionate staff, and within a diverse team - apply today.
Keywords: Fortis Management Group, Portland, RAI Coordinator/MDS RN - Pacific Specialty Care, Healthcare, Vancouver, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!