Restaurant Shift Leader - Immediate Hire
Company: MOD Pizza
Posted on: February 25, 2021
No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome
here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and
recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual
spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered
to provide that same experience for every single customer that
walks through the door.
We're growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and
Canada. So we're always looking for people who demonstrate what we
call the 4G's: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You'll help
us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an
exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to
bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness. Come be part of
As a Captain you directly influence the success of MOD by assisting
the store General Manager in executing store operations during
scheduled shifts. The role is to deploy MOD Squad members, and to
delegate tasks so that the MOD experience is achieved and
maintained for customers.
As a MOD Squad Captain your objective is to live, teach and
demonstrate the MOD Pizza purpose in all interactions.
We Engage & Inspire
- We have GRIT, GENEROSITY, GRATITUDE & GROWTH
- Connect with your GM! Be Passionate about the vision and be
instilled with confidence
- Share your knowledge with others to encourage and champion
- Celebrate store success with one another
We deliver food that is safe, looks and tastes outstanding
- Food quality is everyone's role. Ensure food quality and
accuracy in both back of house (BOH) and front of house (FOH)
- Ensure cleanliness of FOH & BOH
- Ensure all food, pans, utensils & equipment look
- Role model and maintain portioning standards
We deliver an excellent customer experience
- Get to know your customers and build community
- Maintain a uniquely MOD experience in the lobby with your
demeanor, volume of music, comfy temperatures, and cleanliness
- Build brand dedication through outstanding service
- Hospitality is core by putting the customers first, creating an
inviting environment, and have them feel MOD's love.
- Live the MOD 5 Core Beliefs and spread the MOD 4 G's with each
We achieve excellent speed of service
- Follow accurate deployment and adjust, if needed
- Celebrate the wins with your Squad
- Give feedback after each peak about what was good and what can
We own the shift
- Create daily goals and share with your team
- Lead by example
- Adhere to all Open/Shoulder/Closing shift checklists
- Act as the food safety leader
- Coordinate all cash handling policies and procedures
- Connect with the MOD Squad about all MOD Comm information
- Respond quickly and effectively to all emergency
- Coach in the moment when standards are not being met and
celebrate when they are
- Be encouraging of your team even with the seas are rough. Help
where you are BEST NEEDED and celebrate successes!
We influence all FOH facilities and equipment
- Keep FOH front line, bathrooms, oven, floors, lobby and drink
station clean and organized
- Clean and maintain all FOH fixtures, windows, tables and
- Ensure MOD Squad is always assigned to the lobby during the
- A real passion for people
- 3+ months in a role with the MOD Squad
- Reliable transportation
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Food/service industry experience
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
As a member of our Squad, you will be working in a kitchen
environment, rotating between front and back of house. This
requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects weighing
up to 50 pounds. You will also be asked to operate hand-held
appliances and simple kitchen equipment (industrial can opener,
dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Depending on the
location, you may need to go up and down stairs. The ability to
communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is
also required. The ability to comply with all public health
requirements, including wearing a mask, is required.
High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music
(including, but not limited to, rock, punk and alternative)
May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather
conditions are expected); including delivering order curbside to
Will work near moving or mechanical parts
Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours
as business dictates
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and
it's reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders.
MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed
to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants.
MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers
all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or
breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all
may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
Key words: restaurant, cook, line cook, dishwasher, cashier,
register, customer service, fast food, busser, server, waitress,
waiter, pizza, entry level, kitchen, prep
- Free meal each shift (50% off when dining with guests - off
- Access to employee support & development
- Awesome MOD swag: t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, etc.
Giving back is part of the MOD culture.
Throughout the year, you and other MOD Squad members have
opportunities to give back to the community - what we call
"Spreading MODness." This includes participating in fundraisers,
packing meals for families struggling with hunger, and sponsoring
other activities in your area.
We offer access to emergency support programs to help MOD Squad
Members in need. Anyone can apply to access the Bridge Fund, which
offers assistance when an unexpected hardship occurs. It's MODs
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Food Service, Kitchen, Line Cook, Hospitality, Entry
Keywords: MOD Pizza, Portland , Restaurant Shift Leader - Immediate Hire, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!