Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Opal Labs, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Engineering Portland, Oregon, United States Full time The Senior
DevOps Engineer works on a robust suite of web and mobile
applications to improve the robustness of Opal's DevOps compliance
footprint, tools, and infrastructure, and helps Engineering
maintain the sky-high level of trust our organization has built
with customers across the globe. Key themes this role will focus on
are cloud and datacenter architectures, CI/CD automation, incident
response, remediation, training, access control, hardening, and
secure development. You should strive to be an influencer on our
Technical Operations team by guiding the team to best practices and
uplift other Engineers by leveraging previous experience and
sharing knowledge. Opal is currently operating fully remote as we
navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in
Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
About Opal: Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that
unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in
Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment
and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn
why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target,
Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow. Responsibilities:
- Develop hardening guidelines and review configurations related
to Linux/Unix hosts, Cloud technology deployments, containerized
technologies, and common web application frameworks.
- Help maintain and build a stack of technologies including:
Terraform, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins,
Argo CI/CD and Workflows.
- Administer and maintain credentials for a variety of
infrastructure and services.
- Maintain, protect, and administer data storage systems
including security, encryption, and GDPR compliance.
- Discover and plan remediation for application vulnerabilities
in the ruby/rails platform.
- Build tools, systems, and processes that allow your fellow
engineers to ship world-class software as quickly and efficiently
- Architect, support, test, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
(Blue/Green experience is a plus)
- Working closely with QA, Platform, Operations, and
Experience/UI teams to automate and improve performance and
releases in workflows.
- Advise, and support best practices with a flexibility mindset
for a variety of technologies
- Taking part in product brainstorms to help think up the next
big thing and bring a strong security stance along the way.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear whenever necessary.
- Be a leader in documenting, educating, and de-siloing of
information and process.
- Be a champion of supporting customer needs and finding
short-term ways to fill those needs. Requirements Skills,
- 5+ years of DevOps experience supporting enterprise-grade web
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures.
- Natural alignment with Opal's Values: Professional,
Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and
- Strong ability to gather and present data to support ideas,
projects, and opinions.
- AWS and/or Azure ecosystem mastery with a strong understanding
of modern web application architectures, both service-oriented and
monolithic, ideally focused around Ruby-on-Rails and Elixir.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and technologies behind
it (Terraform preferred).
- Experience working with production web applications on
cloud-based hosting and containerized technologies like Docker
- Demonstrated ability to engineer secure, performance minded
technologies into full stack architectures on next-generation cloud
and container platforms.
- Proven ability to manage projects, gaining consensus and buy-in
- Proven ability to drive initiatives with diplomacy and
- Knowledge on load balancers, network device authentication,
firewalls, network segregation, VPNs, Security Information and
Event Management. Education:
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent related working
experience is required. Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive
total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a
diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental,
and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50%
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care,
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an
inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace
promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage
applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity
or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
age, or veteran status. Opal does not discriminate on the basis of
race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law
in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Opal Labs, Inc., Portland , Senior DevOps Engineer, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!