Buying Manager, Brick and Mortar - Sports Apparel
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Manager Buying-Concept Stores, Apparel
Direct Reporting Line: Sr. Manager DTC Buying Apparel/Hype
Indirect/secondary reporting line: Senior Director DTC Buying
Location: Portland, OR
GSMS Grade: M4
Number of Personnel Managed: 0-2
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility: 6191681
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Prepare the Buying process across assigned Apparel Categories for
adidas brick-and-mortar Concept Stores. Actively contribute to the
OTB planning and management, defining optimal volumes to provided
channel range. Execute in-season trading decisions to meet
* Responsible for the Sales and Margin targets of Apparel assigned
categories within brick-and-mortar Concept Stores.
* Provide market in-season trading, assuring timely sales forecast
by product, stock intakes and in-season markdowns.
* Contribute to the buying process for the assigned channels and
assure right volumes are bought following market OTB plans,
following Channel Ranges provided by Market CTC Assortment Plan
* Support the submission of initial seasonal forecasts into
applicable systems for horizontal review by global functions at key
* Prepare the size breakdowns process assuring they are created
according to market needs and incorporated in the buying
* Prepare input to Market CTC Assortment Planning teams in regards
to range needs by store format and size
* Create a supportive work environment in which employees are
coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through
* Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and
targets that are aligned with business needs and objectives.
* Market CTC (esp. Assortment Planning and Price Architecture)
* Market Finance Team
* Market Op teams
* Market Marketing Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Relevant job experience in a Buying function, and fully qualified
* Combined broad theoretical and practical knowledge incl. company
policies and practices
* Strong competence with Buying, procedures and systems
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
* 5 years typical relevant work experience
* University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales
focus or equivalent professional experience
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is
not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength
in their game. We foster the athlete's mindset through a set of
behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that
are at the core of our unique company culture - the 3Cs:
CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
* CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field,
to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging
that we don't have all the answers. But we are willing to take
risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our
learning - it helps us improve.
* COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches,
teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger
together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue,
inclusiveness and trust in each other's abilities and talents.
* Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No
great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors' training
plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore,
gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages
individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the
harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or
employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Buying Manager, Brick and Mortar - Sports Apparel
TEAM: Retail (Back Office)
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Aug 8, 2022
Keywords: Adidas, Portland , Buying Manager, Brick and Mortar - Sports Apparel, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!