Assistant Guest Service Manager
Company: Sage Hospitality
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center is set to hire an
Assistant Front Office Manager to join our winning team in
providing exceptional guest experiences!
The Courtyard Portland City Center is a unique downtown Portland
hotel. Not your typical Courtyard! Our 256 room, high rise hotel is
located in the heart of downtown Portland and offers all the
services and amenities of a full service hotel. We embody that
unique vibe that is the best of "Portland". Our dynamic,
values-driven team works together to provide every guest with a
truly warm experience.
- $50 discounted Tri-Met monthly pass
- Drastically reduced hotel rates for you and your friends &
family at Marriott Hotels
- Sage Restaurant Concepts discounts (The Original Dinerant,
Departure, Urban Farmer)
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation per year
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Complimentary Parking at Hotel Garage
- Referral Bonus Eligible
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve
with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable
experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards
The Assistant Guest Services Manager's primary function is to
assist the Guest Service Manager with the daily operations of the
front office. He/she will act as a supervisor to all Guest
Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services/Transportation personnel
assist with guest complaints and represent management in the
absence of the Guest Services Manager.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in
an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training
of Guest Services personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Assist Guest Service Agents with check-ins and checkouts;
confirm that all SOPs are being followed properly.
- Train new employees help to develop and implement training
- Maintain log of rooms in "out of order" status.
- Authorize and sign adjustments and paid outs over the
- Oversee discrepancy report and monitor follow-through.
- Post updated information on 72-hour sheet and review with Guest
- Work closely with housekeeping regarding daily room
- Oversee Bell staff in the absence of a Supervisor.
- Confirm that Guest Service Agents, Operators and Bell staff
complete all duties.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating
with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver's license. May require additional
certification up to an including a CDL - Chauffeur Driver License
to drive van larger than 15 passenger or mandated by state
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Report background check.
2 years or more of similar experience
- Must have knowledge of local establishments, businesses and the
surrounding community in general.
- Must be able see objects and people at a distance.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and understand and follow
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a
variety of customer service problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing or pulling cart up to 200
- Bending/kneeling -occasionally during shift when needed to lift
or load luggage into van or onto cart.
- Mobility -walking up to 1/10 mile frequently during shift.
- Continuous standing -to wait for arriving guests, frequently
- Climbing stairs up to 3 steps 50% of 8 hours.
- Driving -constant driving to transport guests to or from
airport, or other locations as determined by supervisor.
- Must be able to grasp handles, carry bundles and lift
Physically strenuous, prolonged sitting, walking and climbing
stairs, exposure to outside elements, primarily inside vehicle with
time outdoors during stops.
Work inside 50% of 8-hour shift; outside 50% of 8 hour shift.
Abnormal temperatures -exposed to winter and summer temperature
Keywords: Sage Hospitality, Portland , Assistant Guest Service Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!