Company: The Resort at Paws Up and the green o
Posted on: March 19, 2023
About The Resort at Paws UpThe Resort at Paws Up is America's
premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up
embodies the spirit of the American West. It's a family owned and
award-winning destination that truly inspires. We invite you to
engage with our guests in our restaurants, outdoor cooking venues
and special events all while learning new skills from our F&B
leadership team and our own chefs whose culinary journeys have
taken them around the world and from legendary chefs who share
their talents at our special events.PurposeThe role of the Line
Cook is to prepare and produce culinary items as instructed in a
clean, timely, efficient, and exact manner as dictated by the
direct supervisor.The Primary Functions are:
- Set up station with predetermined mise en place to ensure
everything will be ready for service.
- Prepare food items for guests using a quality predetermined
method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Cook all food according to recipes, quality standards,
presentations standards, and food
- preparation checklist.
- Demonstrate safe and proper use of equipment at all times;
Perform duties in a safe manner.
- Reduce waste in the kitchen to a minimum.
- Understand and implement the basic culinary tasks and
procedures such as first-in, first-out (FIFO), labeling and
- Monitor all food quality and presentation while preparing
- Stock and rotate food; alert the Sous Chef regarding low
- Work on the line, salad station, and prep station or any other
stations as needed.
- Control the pace of the food orders and set the tone for the
ticket flowing process.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler,
stove, steamer, food processor, oven steam table, and flat top
- Advise in the preparation of ingredients for cooking, including
portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Label, date, store and rotate all products while maintaining
assigned stock levels. Control food items requested, ensuring stock
is maintained without over production.
- Demonstrate proper production of food items, working
efficiently to achieve maximum productivity.
- Assist in the set-up and break down of work station.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of
appliances and food.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Cut, trim, and bone meats and poultry for cooking.
- Practice basic sanitation and stock rotation and refrigerator
cleanliness; keep all work areas clean and tidy. Looking for Team
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related
course work; Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field
- Two years experience as a Cook/Line Cook in a resort or fine
- Knowledge of world class hospitality and service
- Valid Food Handler s License
- Valid State Driver s LicenseTeam members can look forward to:
- Carpool Reimbursement $5-$20/Day
- Housing assistance available
- Employee lunch provided
- Employee discounts on merchandiseCheck it out for yourself!
Join The HERDThe Resort at Paws Up provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Keywords: The Resort at Paws Up and the green o, Portland , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...