Company: Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center1441 NE 2nd
AvePortland, OR 97232
The Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center is seeking a
Restaurant Server to join our team. The Restaurant Server provides
prompt and courteous service to all restaurant guests according to
company standards while ensuring overall guest satisfaction and
At Hollander Hospitality, we align our people with their passion,
providing award-winning service and memorable experiences. From the
ground up, we build & renovate, own & operate, while recognizing
that our team is our foundation and greatest asset. We are
exceptional partners to one another, our guests, and our
We look for people who excel in their role and are committed to
delivering excellent experiences for guests. Proven through
multiple awards from our partnering brands for outstanding guest
service and meetings excellence, we deliver the best to our guests
by creating a sense of belonging, empowerment and support to our
team members, coupled with their dedication, innovative spirit, and
- Variable schedule; Must be available weekends and holidays
RATE OF PAY:
- $14.75 per hour + tips & gratuities
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Paycheck Advancement Program
- Hotel Travel Discounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Annual Tri-Met Bus Pass
- Complimentary Parking
- Employee Meals
For eligible employees:
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Principles of providing customer service including customer
needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Food and beverage products, preparation, handling and service
techniques, and other food and beverage standard operating
- Health codes, food sanitation and safety practices.
- State liquor service regulations.
- Standard cash handling procedures.
Skills and Ability to:
- Answer guest questions regarding menu items, describe
ingredients and preparation of each dish and make knowledgeable
- Communicate effectively in the English language, both in
writing and verbally.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide to accurately handle money,
give correct change, balance till and prepare cash drops.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Point of Sale (Micros preferred)
computer system or similar.
- Serve alcohol responsibly.
- Adapt to constantly changing situations and personalities
ensuring quality service to all guests by maintaining a friendly,
professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship
with co-workers to ensure efficient food and beverage service and
overall guest satisfaction.
- Acknowledge, understand and abide by company programs,
policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Present a professional appearance, wear appropriate uniform and
slip resistant footwear according to the standards of the position
and company policy.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year food service experience.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit required.
- Valid Alcohol Server Permit required.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or
up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force
constantly to move objects.
Position requires ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours to escort guests to tables and move around dining room,
carrying large trays on a continuous basis throughout shift, visual
acuity to analyze written information and view computer terminal
and ability to express or exchange information by means of the
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, grasp, lift, carry, push, pull,
reach and see.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity, E-Verify
Keywords: Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center, Portland , Restaurant Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!