Human Resource Coordinator
Company: KeHE Distributors
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Overview:Good people, working with good people, for our common
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:The Human
Resources Coordinator is responsible for administering a variety of
human resources activities within the distribution center. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below, but not limited to, are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required.Essential Functions:
- Updates Payroll System with New Hire, Term, Salary, personal,
and other information.
- Processes personnel transactions such as hires, promotions,
transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee
statistics for government reporting.
- Will coordinate with corporate Human Resources with status
changes, increases, new hires, terminations, name changes and
various other items.
- Maintains and audits I-9's for all locations.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and
- Administers the benefit program in all locations. This
- Handing out Benefit Packets
- New Benefit Orientation and enrollments
- Gather applications
- Input New Hires and Changes
- Administering benefits for qualifying events
- Organize and manage Open Enrollment
- Organize and attend Health Fairs
- Set up annual flu shots
- Administer and enroll employees in Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life, Voluntary Benefits, FSA, and 401(k)
- Performs and Files all annual 5500 reports and
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive
attitude toward company goals.
- Assist HR Manager with organizing Open Enrollment and Health
- Assist with the management of Leave of Absence programs.
- Assist with the organization of annual picnics and other
Distribution Center employee engagement events.
- Mange's the Leave of Absence program and monitors those
employees either beginning or ending LOA and/or monitor progress
during their LOA.
- Maintain and manages confidential employee records and
- Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness,
accuracy, and timeliness.
- Arranges luncheons and parties for the DC including monthly
- Maintain safeguards are in place for confidential company
- Organizes Company annual picnic for all locations.
- Sends out all HR related mailings.
- Manages employee purchases, payroll deductions, and vendor
payment for company jackets and ticket purchasing program.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum three (3) years of previous HR experience required
- Wholesale distribution experience in food and/or beverage
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Microsoft office experience. Proficient in word, excel, power
point and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of General Human Resources discipline.
- Knowledge of Ultipro helpful.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing. Listens and checks for understanding. Articulates
messages in a way that is broadly understandable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in attention to accuracy and
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with
a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Know and utilize the most effective and efficient processes to
get things done, with a focus on ongoing improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as
part of a team.
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, Portland , Human Resource Coordinator, Human Resources , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!