Senior HR Business Partner
Posted on: April 10, 2021
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ:
LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and
fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and
defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT
employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and
Finland. Play a critical role as Sr. Human Resources Business
Partner supporting the operations/manufacturing organization and
leadership located in Camas and Vancouver, WA and Hillsboro, OR.
Partner with the US Operations leadership and managers to attract,
develop and retain employees. A senior HR professional who enjoys a
fast-paced environment can have a real impact in this rapidly
growing technology and manufacturing company. Responsibilities:
- Coach and consult with managers and employees on a wide range
of issues including performance management, compensation, and
organizational and employee development.
- Lead recruitment efforts for the organization, working with
managers to identify and hire top talent.
- Apply legal requirements, company policy and values to make
recommendations to help resolve employment related issues. Work
closely with management to ensure compliance with policies as well
as state and federal labor laws.
- Engage as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to guide
managers in addressing employee relations issues. Perform
investigations and advise management personnel on the fair and
consistent handling of situations requiring discipline.
- Develop productive and influential relationships across all
levels of the organization. Gather insights about the organization
to enable better management coaching and employee engagement and
- Collaborate on the development of HR programs, policies and
practices and communicate to employees.
- Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives,
programs and systems. Identify ways to improve and share ideas,
working with team members to complete special projects and
- Track and report on HR data in support of operations
management. Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or a
related field. Current HR certification is preferred.
- 10+ years' experience as an HR Generalist/Partner, with
substantial experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably
in a high-tech industry.
- Ability to be proactive, to anticipate and provide solutions to
business needs. Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and HR processes, with the
ability to turn that knowledge into practical action.
- Strong analytical and systems ability, proficient with
Microsoft Office, Outlook and other tools.
- Effective project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication
and facilitation skills.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for
this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal
Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license
under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of
State. Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more
information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity,
please see these government posters: "EEO is the Law " and its
accompanying--temporary supplement . If you are an individual with
a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application
or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460
or--Hr@nlight.net . You have been redirected to a nLIGHT job
Keywords: nLIGHT, Portland , Senior HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Camas, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!