Filler Operator-Front Half Days-Starting Pay $19/hr
Company: Pacific Foods of Oregon, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Title: Filler Operator
Reports to: Team Leader
Responsible for the proper set-up of packaging equipment and process system for aseptic packaging operation. Monitors and operates continuous packaging equipment while ensuring sterile parameters are met. Performs clean up and sanitation duties as required.
* Set-up, operate, and maintain filling machine.
* Perform and record quality checks to ensure shelf-life integrity and package quality.
* Perform nominal maintenance on equipment.
* Perform and document CIP'S and in-process sanitation on equipment and/or area as needed.
* Ensure food safety and quality protocols are followed.
* Ensure all Safety and GMP regulations are followed at all times
* Utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Filler Operators
Supervisory responsibilities: This position is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Ability to work with moderate supervision, be detail oriented, and exercise independent judgment
* Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
* Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and the ability to read charts and monitors
* Ability to multitask
* Ability to push up to 300 pounds and pull up to 500 pounds with mechanical assistance, and lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds frequently. For items over 50 pounds or awkward items (e.g., PECO pallets), two or more employees will lift and/or carry using the buddy system.
High school degree or equivalent required. Six months plus food processing and/or production experience preferred. Must have ability to become certified forklift operator.
* Extensive close work with heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying in a non-climate controlled environment. Subject to continuous walking, standing, repetitive motions including frequent stooping, finger work, grasping, reaching, bending and climbing of stairs and ladders.
* Use of and exposure to: hazardous materials, high voltage, and hot pipes.
* Exposure to moving mechanical parts. Platform work above ground is performed.
* The noise level is typically moderate to loud.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
Title: Filler Operator
Keywords: Pacific Foods of Oregon, Inc., Portland , Filler Operator-Front Half Days-Starting Pay $19/hr, Human Resources , Tualatin, Oregon
here to apply!