Software Engineer in Test - Cloud (Remote OK)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Software Engineer in Test - Enterprise
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and
understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity
to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new
level? As aSoftware Engineer in Test - Enterprise, the
responsibilities include crafting, detailing, executing, and
automating tests to effectively and efficiently test features in
development. You will be encouraged to lead and drive the Splunk
product features' quality by implementing an automated, reliable,
resilient, and extensible solutions to improve and evolve our
testing strategies and capabilities, and continually improve our
testing infrastructure for cloud offerings. You are also having
opportunities to do substantial data analysis to achieve our goal
of customer obsession.
- Own the testing of a high sophisticated feature or sub-areas
from native Cloud service/solutionto deliver in a continuous
- Support test design and test code reviews, and participates in
test framework architecture discussions, as well as product design
- Work intimately with the Engineering and Product Management
teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against
- Collaborate with external and internal teamsand it's the heart
of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Incorporate customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back
into testingto improve the overall product quality.
- Proactively identify testing and process gaps and implements
solutionsto achieve efficiencies across the organizational
- Understanding of micro-services.
- Experience in at least one programming language, such as Python
(most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience
using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium
WebDriver or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Expert in understanding system administration skills in Linux
- Experience in setting up and working on Cloud distributed
systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container
orchestration system and solution.
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Experience building up test framework or infrastructure.
- Effectively communicates within the team, and contributes
effectively to the success of those that they interact with
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
- Strong collaborative, documentation, and presentation
- Experience dealing with multi-functional teams, including
Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.Must Have
Strong coding skills, knowledge of distributed system, test
automation, experience on large scale projects
- BS EE or CS degree; 5 + years related experience (or Masters
and 3 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 0 years experience)
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible,
usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with
people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the
best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to
our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each
other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can
become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job
positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, Portland , Software Engineer in Test - Cloud (Remote OK), IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!