Lead Software Engineer - Remote
Posted on: May 16, 2022
DescriptionFounded in 1994, Mindex specializes in software
development for large enterprise clients in the Rochester, NY area
and for New York State K-12 schools. We are a rapidly growing
organization expanding heavily into cloud app. development and
modernizing our home-grown K-12 Student Management System,
Using highly developed analytical, technical, and conceptual
skills, the Lead Software Engineer will develop efficient and
effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
Having experience in analysis, architecture, development, and
technical leadership is essential. The Mindex iterative process of
Agile product development often requires adaptation in approach
based on client norms and feedback. The Lead Software Engineers
ideas will be flexible and focused on the client's best interest.
Effective verbal and written communication, and easy to understand
technical explanation will keep clients, senior management and
staff aligned and engaged.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the client's mission, vision, and business value as
defined by the client's Product Owner.
- Partner with client stakeholders such as the Product Owner,
technical and non-technical managers, architects, and subject
matter experts to consultatively design and implement technical
solutions that transform the client's vision into tangible business
- Partner with the Scrum Master to manage the solution team to
design, develop and implement solutions considering client needs,
solution architecture and resource constraints.
- Moderate the solution creation process, coordinate agile
development of the solution and ensure good development
- Deliver an uncompromising customer experience.
- Build technical and non-technical relationships inside of your
team, across Mindex delivery teams and with Customer
- Lead, mentor, and coach junior team members - help them to
become better engineers.
- Remain accountable for work output of the delivery team from
concept through delivery.
- Act as final quality gate for all team deliverables, approving
PRs, reviewing test automation and documentation and returning for
rework as needed.
- Be a trusted advisor. Be present, attentive and fully engaged
in customer meetings and discussions, and prepared to offer advice
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
- Five+ years of enterprise business software development
experience in Java or .NET in complex heterogeneous
- Comfortable with large complex database environments including
SQL Server, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Broad experience as a developer in complex enterprise
environments, with recent focus on full stack web development using
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Java or .NET
frameworks: Springboot, Spring framework, .NET MVC, .NET Core, .NET
- Working understanding of automated build, deploy, and release
- Experience working within a DevOps environment.
- Experience in design for testability, and building out
automated unit, integration and end-to-end test scenarios.
- Understanding of containerization and private cloud
technologies such as Docker and Openshift.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams in an Agile/Scrum
Keywords: Mindex, Portland , Lead Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!