Senior IT Project Manager
Company: The Judge Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: Portland, OR Salary: 115,000-135,000 Description: Our
client is currently seeking a Senior IT Project ManagerTHIS IS A
REMOTE POSITION BUT MUST BE LOCAL TO PORTLAND, OR - The Senior IT
Project Manager develops, plans, and leads large, complex projects
related to information systems, technology, and analytics. - This
position is an expert at applying project management principals and
using related tools and techniques to manage project scope,
schedule, budget, and resources, while guiding the organization
through significant change. - The position interacts with a diverse
client base and excels at facilitating complex decisions with
stakeholders who have differing expertise. - This position works
across the organization to improve project planning and execution
effectiveness including coaching and training others in the methods
and tools of project management. This job will have the following
- Work collaboratively in analyzing business needs to identify
potential technical solutions and process impacts to inform
business case and project proposal development.
- Develop detailed project plans, including estimated timelines,
budgets, and resource forecasts.
- Lead complex multi-departmental projects related to information
systems; these may include varying blends of in-house development,
process redesign and third-party solution integration.
- Engage project stakeholders in communication and decision
making at all organizational levels including executive leadership,
external stakeholders and vendors.
- Act as liaison between internal and external partners,
contractors, and stakeholders to facilitate collaboration, decision
making, and ensure accountability.
- Employ change management techniques to facilitate adoption
across multiple departments.
- Provide and maintain project reports, records, and
- Ensure solutions follow required standards, as well as internal
policies and procedures.
- Ensure solutions are built for reliable operation and
adaptability to change.
- Ensure the successful transition of new systems into
operational support processes.
- Develop and recommend operational processes and/or process
improvements supporting information systems.
- Recommend system modifications, enhancements, new system
development and/or business process change.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance for
implementation, configuration and on-going support of CareOregon
systems, technology, and analytics.
- Facilitate workshops and/or conduct focus groups to elicit
information about business processes, requirements, and sources of
- Develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships with all
internal and external stakeholders to aid project
delivery.Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Propose and implement process improvements.
- Meet deadlines for completion of workload.
- Maintain agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental
- Work closely with internal leadership and staff to identify
process/system areas to improve customer service and/or reduce
costs and turnaround.
- Participate in strategic roadmap development to meet department
and enterprise goals and performance.
- May participate in interviewing candidates for team positions,
consultants, and for others in the organization as needed.
- Utilize CareOregon project management practices and
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned. Qualifications
- Expert level mastery of project management tools and techniques
to apply CareOregon's project management methodologies
- Knowledge of multiple project management frameworks,
specifically variations of both agile and waterfall development
- Strong understanding and ability to implement principals of
change management within projects and programs
- Knowledge of adult learning methods or training delivery
- Expertise with information systems in the health insurance or
related industry preferred
- Understanding of multiple health plan functions and system
configuration implications related to: Enrollment/member, claims,
provider, benefits, billing, accounts receivable, premium billing,
utilization management, call tracking, mass adjudication/payment,
- Knowledge of EDI and HIPAA compliant transactions
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple activities, matrixed teams,
organization communications, and competing priorities to implement
- Skilled at resource planning and negotiating with resource
managers for needed skills and time from team members throughout
the project/program lifecycle
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, prioritize tasks and
- Ability to apply process improvement and redesign principals
and techniques such as Lean, PDSA, or Six Sigma
- Expertise in articulating and translating business needs and
business rules into actionable requirements
- Process improvement skills to include processes mapping,
process re-engineering, and business case creation
- Ability to facilitate decision making at all levels, including
executive management, outside partners and vendors
- Ability to proactively identify potential project/program risks
and formulate plans to effectively mitigate them
- Advanced written and oral communication and meeting
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and
- Ability to manage vendor expectations and performance
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently with minimal
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team toward common
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Power Point,
Outlook, Visio, enterprise project portfolio management and
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; adept at
understanding, preparing, and presenting information for decision
making and problem solving Contact: This job and many more are
available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at
Keywords: The Judge Group, Portland , Senior IT Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!