Senior Controls Software PLC Engineer
Company: FPC Franchise
Location: Lake Oswego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Senior Controls Software Engineer (PLC) will work within a
project team to develop cutting edge automation equipment. These
systems include features such as:
Bosch, Allen Bradley, Siemens, or Beckhoff PLC control
-Inductive Automation - Ignition HMI Development (Vision and/or
-High speed/high accuracy servo-based motion control
-4 to 6-axis robot integration
-Custom User Interfaces following SEMI standards
-2D and 3D Laser Metrology
-SCADA and HMI development
-Vision guided motion
- Leads teams of Controls Software Engineers to provide software
solutions on time and budget
- Architects, designs, codes, tests, and maintains complex PLC
- Develops detailed software design specifications and schedules
for assigned projects.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in PLC software design,
testing techniques, and PLC software development tools.
- Provides design guidelines, and general and detailed software
design specifications to other software engineers.
- Effectively assess and communicate project risks. Deliver risk
- Suggests new and innovative approaches to solving
- Interfaces with customers during quoting, specification,
design-review, buy-off, and installation phases.
- Participates to develop company processes, procedures, and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent PLC software development skills.
- PLC servo motion control integration experience.
- Experience programming safety controllers and safety
- Experience with OPC/UA, Restful API, and MQTT
- Excellent PLC UI development skills (following SEMI
- Ability to startup and debug complex systems.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Able to use existing standards, procedures, and
- Experience integrating software with SCARA and 6-Axis
- BSEE or BSME
Keywords: FPC Franchise, Portland , Senior Controls Software PLC Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lake Oswego, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!