Technical Account Manager - West
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than
inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We
realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud
and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started
Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company
and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees
spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London,
Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and
transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and
large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships,
collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office
celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully
post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome
Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive
and interactive.Visit us atNetskope Careers. Please follow us on
LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the position:
*This role must sit in the Central, Mountain or Pacific time
Our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) at Netskope are core to
shaping the experience of our strategic customers and are
responsible for driving all facets of technical success across the
customer journey with the Netskope Cloud Security platform.
As a Netskope TAM, you will partner with the customer team to
understand their business goals, their cybersecurity strategy,
cloud maturity and technical architecture. In conjunction with your
Customer Experience colleagues, you will begin planning for success
during Activation, the first step in the customer journey. The next
steps of Adoption and Operationalization are achieved through the
creation and execution of a customer-specific value realization
plan, which is aligned to the customer's business goals and
security strategy. TAMs work alongside the customer team and their
Netskope counterparts to drive the execution of this plan;
proactively providing the customer with best practice advice,
technical knowledge, enablement, and resources that will help the
customer derive full value from their Netskope solution.
As a trusted technical advisor to the customer, you will be able to
align their business and security goals to the Netskope platform
roadmap; provide feedback into the product development process on
behalf of your customer; and guide the customer towards new
features and enhancements that will help them meet those goals.
Successful candidates will be customer-centric and proactive team
players that possess the empathy to build strong relationships,
drive customer loyalty and therefore ensure the customer realizes
full value from the Netskope cybersecurity platform. The TAM role
blends depth of technical expertise with strong commercial acumen
in pursuit of customer retention and growth.
- Serve as the trusted technical advisor for key customer
champions, from functional owners to C-level executives,
particularly regarding Netskope platform best practices.
- Provide leadership in the identification and resolution of
technical issues that are blocking successful platform adoption;
orchestrating cross-functional teams across Netskope and the
customer organization to implement corrective actions.
- Establish and maintain an in-depth, hands-on proficiency across
all aspects of the Netskope platform to drive all phases of
- Coach customers to be Netskope product experts and enable their
teams around features and capabilities, to help them become
increasingly self-sufficient in day-to-day operations.
- Understand how our customers are utilizing Netskope's solutions
and recommend additional features that can be leveraged to increase
their security posture.
- Develop and deliver formal weekly reports to summarize account
status, task progression, open issues, and pending
- Drive technical workshops via the value realization
- Host security governance planning and strategy
- Provide best practices guidance in support of customer use
- Assist with policies: creating, testing and ongoing
- Drive data analysis and reporting from the Netskope
- Coordinate updates on product and feature enhancements
- Align with Netskope Support as customer advocate during an
- Assist CSM with Quarterly Business Reviews
- Perform Annual Tenant Health Checks for assigned customers
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Account Manager with a
proven track record and demonstrable skills at presenting technical
information at the administrative, middle management, and executive
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience supporting network
security technologies including but not limited to: Proxies, NG
Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN's, SSO, DLP and Encryption
- Ability to translate business objectives and desired outcomes
into step-by-step technical adoption plans
- Experience with working with Fortune 500 companies
- Working knowledge of SASE/SSE framework and feature sets,
including but not limited to: CASB, SWG, DLP, ZTNA, and
- Network Architecture Experience
- Must be proficient in English - speaking and writing
- Bachelor's degree (BSCS or equivalent)
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment
opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment.
Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran
statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other
characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any
jurisdiction in which we operate.
Netskope respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the
personal information you share with us, please refer toNetskope's
Keywords: Netskope, Portland , Technical Account Manager - West, IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!