Software Engineer III
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job DescriptionAs the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.If you are passionate about software design, dedicated to quality, and pragmatic about problem solving, we'd love to hear from you. While domain expertise and strong technical skills are always desired, we tend to weigh \"smart\", \"productive\", and \"dedicated\" more heavily than any specific skill set. We expect a strong desire to collaborate with teammates and project stakeholders to develop successful software solutions.You will part of the application software group (ASG) within FEI s larger R&D organization, which is committed to bringing value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The applications being developed focus on automating and simplifying the user experience to control FEI s dual electron and ion beam microscopes for the semiconductor industry.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- In-depth understanding of C# or similar language (e.g. Java).
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Experience with both the design and development of features, taking them from a short description to a complete implementation.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write clean, unit-testable code.
- Able to comprehend complex data and use it to troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eligible for passport and able to travel.Preferred Qualifications:
- WPF experience is a plus.
- Computer vision, image processing experience.
- Knowledge of microscopy (Optical/Florescence, FIB, SEM, TEM).
- Development experience with highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Associated topics: application, back end, c++, develop, developer, devops, java, matlab, programming, sw
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Portland , Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!