Software Engineer III
Company: The Standard
Posted on: April 18, 2019
OverviewTitle: Software Engineer III?Duties: Full-time in-house
position at Standard Insurance Company in Portland, Oregon. As a
team member in the IT application engineering department,
responsible for designing, developing and implementing new software
solutions to transform legacy technology to the next generation and
move the company towards continuous development and integration.
- Participate as a team member and thought leader to transform
the delivery framework to be agile and product focused.
- Engineer and deliver solutions using an iterative, test driven
methodology, writing unit tests and performing validation using
contemporary tools, moving us towards continuous development &
- Build and automate the deployment of components into
- Engineer applications including the user interface, business
logic, integration and the underlying persistence and data
- Participate with a team of engineers and analysts, including
offshore resources, to develop software solutions.
- Conduct and collaborate in requirements, architecture, design,
and code walk-throughs.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, including Requirements
Engineering, Data Engineering, Quality Management, Infrastructure,
and Project Management.
- Proactively identify and communicate risks and issues to
management and create action plans to mitigate risks.
- Work on strategic initiatives on technology selection,
developing prototypes, R&D, and process
improvement.QualificationsMinimum Requirements: A Bachelor of
Science degree, or foreign academic equivalent, in Computer
Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a
closely-related field; and 5 years of experience as a software
engineer or in a related occupation, to include the following
skills and knowledge, which may have been gained concurrently:?
- 3 years full stack development experience including Databases
(DB2, Oracle), API and Responsive UI.
- 5 years designing and developing documents using HP (OpenText)
Exstream Dialogue. Experience to include skills such as Dialogue
Data Mapping, Page Designs, Output Queues, Flow Tables, Flow
Targets, TLE?s, NOP, Barcodes, campaigns, Messages, two pass
process, sorting and bundling & Advanced concepts.
- 5 years development experience in legacy mainframe systems
using COBOL, JCL and CICS.
- 5 years in Agile software methodology.
- 5 years in conducting design and code reviews.
- 3 years working with CICD tools including GitHub, Jenkins and
- 3 years in Content management using CMOD, P8.
- 3 years working with code repository tools Endevor,
- 3 years development experience with UNIX scripting.
- 1 year in automation testing using RubyMine.?Other Information:
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of
New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities,
Inc., StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC and StanCorp Investment
Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age,?disability, or veteran status?or any other
condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard
offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession,
manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an
illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases
which the company believes might affect operations, safety or
reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a
criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education
and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All
employees of The Standard must be bondable.?Send resume to:
Standard Insurance Company, 900 SW Fifth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
Keywords: The Standard, Portland , Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!