Associate General Counsel II
Company: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Associate General Counsel II will be responsible for
providing legal advice, support and counsel on corporate legal
matters, including strategic transactions, joint ventures,
subsidiary structure and legal entity management, and corporate
governance matters. This role will be a key member of the Corporate
Legal Services Team within an active and engaged Legal Department.
This role reports to the Vice President of Corporate and Commercial
Legal Services. General Functions and Outcomes:
- Advises officers and employees on general corporate legal
- Responds to requests from various divisions of the corporation
and its subsidiaries and affiliates dealing with corporate legal
- Ensures that legal documents and contracts are legally
sufficient, complete, well written and understandable.
- Assures that the corporation and its subsidiaries and
affiliates are adequately represented for legal issues including
business policies, contracts and against actual and threatened
- Reviews and/or drafts new or modified policies, contracts and
- Makes compromise settlement decisions within authority limits
set by the General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer
- Develops and maintains professional competence.
- Provides mentoring of Associate General Counsels to improve and
hone their skills, and ensure that their performance is of the
- Selects outside council to represent on various matters and may
manage outside counsel as well as the legal issue.
- Performs other legal, administrative or management functions as
directed by General Counsels or Chief Legal Officer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general corporate and health
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal corporate and
insurance regulations and compliance standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of
employees, including management staff and officers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thorough analysis on legal
issues, meet deadlines and follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrated competency to manage large volumes of information
and priorities. Normally to be proficient in the competencies
listed above: Associate General Counsel II must be a graduate of an
accredited law school, licensed to practice law in the state where
the position is based or ability to become licensed in a reasonable
period of time. At least 3 years experience as an Associate General
Counsel I with a high level performance rating or 5 years as an
attorney in corporate, government or law firm or equivalent
experience which may be satisfied by excellent academic credentials
and/or other experience/knowledge that demonstrated required skill
set. Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc. Law
Degree We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected
by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
Information about how Cambia Health Solutions collects, uses, and
Days Ago Full time R-400 About Us Everyone is a health care
consumer deserving of a simpler, more personalized experience.
Cambia is transforming the health care system to revolve around
people. For over 100 years we've designed people-first health
solutions rooted in the nation's first health plan, a loggers' wage
pool established in the Pacific Northwest. Today that pioneering
spirit aligns our family of over 20 companies, including 4
not-for-profit BlueCross and BlueShield licensed health plans
serving over 3 million Americans. Cambia blends data science with a
compassionate human perspective to anticipate people's needs, and
empower them to make smarter health care choices. Interested in
driving accessibility, affordability and quality health care for
real people? Apply to any of our open jobs or join the Twitter
conversation @Cambia . Information about how Cambia Health
Solutions collects, uses, and discloses information is available in
Keywords: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc., Portland , Associate General Counsel II, Legal , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!