Company: Nortek Air Solutions
Posted on: October 19, 2020
This position is a full-time, year-long internship as part of a
time study analysis of various Nortek product lines.
About Nortek Air Solutions: Established in 1977, Nortek Air
Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group
of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands
in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional
indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to
bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency,
reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and
achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in
multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and
renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated
with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions:
Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar and Ventrol Air
* Perform time studies of wide-ranging products throughout all
* Perform statistical analysis and set benchmark standards from
* Under technical guidance and supervision, create value added
processes to meet production needs and reduce costs for multiple
projects and priorities.
* Perform work which involves conventional engineering practices,
but may include a variety of complex features, system interactions,
and unique materials.
Position Key Attributes:
* Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
* Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
* Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver
desired results and can own it in a Performance Driven Culture.
* Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
* Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for
* A builder who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
* Can thrive in a legacy now culture in which we strive to do the
right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing,
and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of
* Create Value Stream Maps of site manufacturing processes
* Work with cross-functional teams to solve problems throughout the
* Identify manufacturing assembly process improvements
* Identify root causes and solutions for manufacturing assembly
* Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the
organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core
* Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager
* Supports Lean Business Enterprise initiatives for continuous
process improvement and waste elimination
* Basic understanding of statistics
* General knowledge of process mapping
* Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited
4-year Mechanical, Manufacturing, and/or Industrial Engineering
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Motivated, creative, and enthusiastic to learn
* US Citizen
* Autodesk Inventor experience or training is preferred
* Full-time availability for year-long project
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air
Solutions, please visit our company website at
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity
employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age
disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Nortek Air Solutions, Portland , Manufacturing Intern, Other , Tualatin, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!