AI Product Owner II or III
Posted on: November 23, 2020
AI Product Owner II or III
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
The AI Product Owner (PO) represents the voice of the customer and
is accountable for ensuring that a technology team delivers value
to the business. The Product Owner is the person responsible for
managing both the daily and strategic delivery of the technical
solutions throughout Cambia, and PO is the key day-to-day interface
between the Product and Engineering teams. A Product Owner s key
responsibility is to convey the vision of the product to the
engineering teams, to prioritize the teams backlog and to set
direction for product releases and sprints.
General Functions & Outcomes for Product Owner:
* Represents the voice of the customer and is accountable for
ensuring that a development team delivers value to the
* Leads technology/development efforts by describing vision,
outlining work in the team backlog, and prioritizing it based on
business value. The team itself has the cross-functional skills to
do the actual work (analysis, design, develop, test, technical
communication, document, etc.).
* Determines which features of a product are most important, when
they are developed, etc. using information from leadership
stakeholders responsible for any and all functions.
* Analyzes and/or creates requirements for improving or replacing
manual or computerized systems and procedures to meet user needs
and to achieve greater corporate operating efficiency.
* Reads and creates complex structured specifications such as Use
Cases, Story Boards, Cucumber scenarios and any other formal
* Reads, understands, and creates complex technical documents
including logical data models. Uses multiple methodologies
appropriately (RUP and Agile) for complex size work efforts and can
contribute to the maturity and growth of the Cambia Solutions
* Sets objectives and goals, breaks down concepts into manageable
achievable steps, and assesses risks and problems.
* Provides estimates for large and complex size work efforts
increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
* Negotiates with team on technical debt and evaluates solution to
meet the need of the business.
* Participates in projects as a team member, and/or makes
significant contributions to team effectiveness by improving the
methodology, tools, and/or internal processes.
* Is responsible for accepting user stories and confirming
* Involved in high priority projects by managing projects from
inception to execution within agreed upon time frames.
* Manages the backlogs for multiple products or delivery teams.
* Maintains a release roadmap.
* Anticipates bottlenecks, provide escalation management,
anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs
versus technical constraints.
* Identifies, assesses, tracks and mitigates issues and risks at
* Has additional skills in business analysis and/or business
* Mentors more junior staff
* Operates with a high level of autonomy, designing work plans,
resource requirements, and organizational strategies required to
accomplish necessary analysis and decision-making.
* Creates and implements strategies that significantly increase
* Responsible for the long-term vision as well as short-term
implementation for multiple products.
* Facilitates product kickoffs, joint requirements planning and
design sessions, release planning sessions, and other
* Identifies cross-team dependencies and maintains a high degree of
* Acts as go-to steward for customer-facing special demos,
integrations and presentations representing the business and the
* Continuously improves team processes to increase quality and
effectiveness. Guides product decisions across multiple
In addition, The Product Owner III:
* Influences others across the company and aligns strategy across
* Is viewed as an expert on most areas of the platform (functional
and non-functional) and has a deep understanding of the processes
data and systems that make up the products.
* Fully understands and aligns business needs with user and
technical needs on all projects.
* Guides design and development teams to better solutions for
problems across all product lines.
* Drives organizational change in global processes and
* Works closely with the Platform Product Manager to influence the
platform capability roadmap.
* Plays a lead role in both cross-functional mentorship and
knowledge transfer in the areas of domain, process, strategy, and
communication across the organization.
* Experience in a business, information technology infrastructure
or a software development area and experience working with business
requirements, root cause analysis, creating software or business
* Proven success with analysis and implementation of
medium-to-large scale technology delivery efforts.
* Demonstrated ability to discover and describe the current state
situation, understand strategic business goals, design and
articulate future state, perform gap analysis and make
recommendations to business leadership that meet goals and
* Demonstrated ability to understand, translate and communicate
technical and complex ideas and situations to a wide variety of
audiences including clients, coworkers and management.
* Demonstrated competency of various technologies which may include
application development languages and packages, client/server
systems, security (firewalls/encryption products), web and
application servers, and/or network and telephony
* Ability to communicate with architectural abstractions and
technical design patterns, including strong proficiency with
Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
Bonus for SharePoint, Excel Services, WorkFlow and other advanced
* Knowledge of Agile methodology, project and product management
* Demonstrated excellent attention to detail, including proven
ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
* Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
* Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous
innovation is desired.
* Ability to articulate a clear product vision to the engineering
team(s), to help ensure the successful and on-time delivery of
products to market.
* Experience with Business Analysis and Business Engineering
methods, including data gathering and process mapping
methodologies, gap analysis, business case development and
* Experience with agile project management of large, cross
* Ability to effectively manage multiple, diverse and/or complex
projects and deadlines.
* Strong sense of market priorities and ability to appropriately
push back against group think that will negatively impact company
position in marketplace or marketability of the portfolio.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You
aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're
looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about
transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a
competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug
and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law. A drug screen and background check is
Keywords: Cambia, Portland , AI Product Owner II or III, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!