Company: Legacy Health
Posted on: January 15, 2021
US--Job ID: 20-15418Type: Regular Full-TimeMultiple Locations -
Portland MetroOverview If your skill as an Intensivist is matched
only by your compassion, you may be a perfect fit as an intensivist
with Legacy. Here, we value every member of our community, and
together we strive to make life better for others. We do so with
professionalism, integrity and a lot of heart. If this sounds like
the kind of health care community in which you could thrive, we
invite you to consider this position. Legacy has an exciting
opportunity for an Intensivist at our Portland locations. Legacy
Health offers a quality work environment, competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits to include hire on bonus and relocation
allowance. Responsibilities Clinical:
- The Intensivist provides hospital-based critical care to
inpatients, usually in the ICU, as the attending
physician-of-record or as a subspecialty consultant as requested by
members of the medical staff
- Perform the normal and customary functions of a physician
practicing intensivist medicine, as scheduled.
- Complete all patient charts within 24 hours of office visits,
and all hospital charts within 24 hours of discharge.
- Provide all documentation, written and phone orders, and other
information necessary for billing laboratory, imaging, and other
ancillary services within timeframes specified by Company or
applicable Legacy facilities and programs.
- Provide outreach to and serve as a liaison with hospitals,
inpatient physicians, outpatient clinicians and insurance
- Ensure program quality improvement, and clinical, referring
physician and patient satisfaction.
- Supervise and evaluate all house staff assigned to Intensive
Care Unit services.
- Development of consultative and follow-up outpatient clinics,
as requested. Administrative
- Provide medical supervision to assigned Legacy Intensive Care
Units. Serve as Medical Director of units as assigned.
- Implement, offer interpretation of, and enforce, as needed:
policies and procedures, accreditation standards and guidelines and
community standards for the Unit.
- Provide leadership in research, development, and implementation
of best practices and clinical protocols in critical care
- Provide guidance to technical staff and confers with attending
physicians when necessary to clarify unclear or unusual orders.
Consult with nursing staff and nurse manager as needed regarding
identified practice issues of medical staff. Qualification and
- Graduate of a four-year accredited U.S. Medical School or the
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited residency in Internal
Medicine and fellowship in Critical Care.
- Board Certified in Critical Care.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable
- Current BLS certification from the AHA minimally required.
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related
services to the underserved
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive
salary, hire-on bonuses, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full
medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement and much more. Equal
Keywords: Legacy Health, Portland , Intensivist, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!