Battery Scientist - Electrochemist
Company: Moses Lake Industries
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We are seeking an Electrochemist/Electrochemical engineer to
support our growing battery development team. Under the direction
of the Technical Manager, the Battery Scientist will work
independently and with other internal team members to accomplish
the goals and projects of the department. Specifically, the Battery
Scientist will assist in the development and commercialization of
battery chemical products to enable the next-generation of
high-performance lithium batteries for electric vehicles, wearable
electronics, and other mobile devices. This position will notably
conceive, develop, and perform experiments that include
electrochemical characterization and battery diagnostics. Job
- Work as a part of the R&D team with an open mind to new
ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate as an individual contributor and as a team
- Support MLI's product management team to ensure robust battery
products are released by designing and carrying out qualification
processes through appropriate electrochemical testing.
- Perform various battery fabrication techniques (coin/pouch
cells and others).
- Maintain and improve the electrochemical testing equipment and
develop test strategies, hardware, and software needed to validate
the performance of battery systems.
- Knowledge of processing statistics and experience in setting up
design of experiments.
- Experience modeling of battery phenomenon including impedance
increases, cycle life prediction, calendar life aging.
- Monitor, analyze, summarize and report battery testing
- Verbal and digital communication of data and results on a daily
and weekly basis.
- Efficient time management skills and safety awareness.
- Actively supporting and promoting MLI safety culture.
- Maintain 5S: clean, safe, and organized working environments.
- Ph. D degree in Electrochemistry or Material Science &
Engineering with a focus on battery processes (materials, control,
- 3+ years of experience in industry or development labs working
with lithium-ion or similar battery materials/processes.
- Deep understanding of electrochemical processes in Lithium-Ion
Battery from concepts in the battery design to manufacturing,
reliability, and test.
- Experience setting up/managing a battery electrochemical test
facility and the associated testing practices.
- Extensive experience with Biologics--- systems, capable in
MATLAB, Python, R, and/or similar data analysis tools.
- Experience with FEA software (COMSOL preferred) is
- Hands-on experience in battery assembly.
- Knowledge of maintaining and experience working in a glove
- Excellent listening, oral, and written
- Ability to work with autonomy and be proactive, as well as
- Must submit to a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA. Working
Conditions:--Duties are generally performed indoors in an
office/lab. The noise level in the work environment is usually
quiet to moderate. When working in the presence of safety hazards,
the employee is expected to follow company safety rules and use
proper personal protective equipment. Physical Demands:--The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and listen. The
employee is frequently required to handle and use objects,
controls, or keyboards; reach with hands and arms; kneel, crouch,
and occasionally climb. The employee frequently works with computer
systems that require coordination and attention to detail. Located
in Milwaukie, OR, we offer competitive compensation and complete
benefits package. MLI is an equal employment opportunity employer
and is a drug & alcohol-free workplace.--If you are prepared to
work in an exciting and rewarding environment, we look forward to
considering your experience and qualifications.--Candidates who do
not meet the minimum requirements for the position will not be
Keywords: Moses Lake Industries, Portland , Battery Scientist - Electrochemist, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!