Field Applications Specialist
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 9, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more As part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you will
do important work, like helping.
Customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment,
or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you will be
supported in achieving your career.
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist
pharmaceutical customers with implementing our portable chemical
analyzer by performing on-site installation qualifications,
providing user training and technical assistance, and supporting
internal teams with technical questions for pre-sales activities,
software upgrades, and application development.
- Perform on-site qualifications for new instruments, software
upgrades, and certifications.
- Lead training sessions and provide expertise to assist
customers in implementing their portable instruments to ensure
compliance with regulations.
- Provide troubleshooting solution for portable instruments and
their associated software via on-site, telephone, and email
support, and coordinate between product support teams and end
- Support marketing collaborations for new software releases /
new application developments
- Provide valuable feedback from end users on current firmware
issues / limitations and relay the information to product
management and quality groups.
- Manage technical expectations of customers, support technical
discussions, respond to technical questions, and attend meetings
with customers / sales teams as required.
- Work with and train regional sales managers domestically and
globally across Thermo Fisher
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- At least three years of experience in chemistry or the
- Must practice and promote excellent internal and external
customer relation skills
- Must possess strong written and oral skills to clearly express
ideas and communicate well with customers and at all levels within
- Must be able to write technical procedures and maintain
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills
in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Great attention to detail
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices and Good
- Able to motivate and develop a team atmosphere; embraces change
and actively promote a positive work environment.
- Must possess skills in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with chemometrics is a plus
- Regular travel required (70-90%) This position has not been
approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling
our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
status. To access this job later or share with a friend, please
enter Name and Email Address below. Your Name Get notified for
similar jobs Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address Get customized job recommendations based on
your career area of interest. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the
world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30
billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are
accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical
challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or
increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to
support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues
delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies,
purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Portland , Field Applications Specialist, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!