Account Executive II
Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Requisition ID: 16632
Additional Locations: Must be located in Oregon
Does impacting the K-12 educational landscape motivate you each
Do you want to sell in novative , proven, curriculum and technology
in the classroom?
Does being in front of and partnering with decision makers add
purpose to your day?
As an HMH Account Executive, you will act as a hunter and a
consultant in this role . You will be accountable for uncovering
opportunities and providing educational content solutions that meet
the needs of students throughout Oregon . HMH is looking for
self-starters who can think creatively and work independently in
their assigned territory.
In This Sales Role
- You will promote exciting products like Read180 and Math180
that will change the trajectory for struggling students in grades K
- 12 and the teachers that educate them.
- You will help design strategies that address customer needs and
issues while meeting assigned quota. In your role, you will provide
knowledge of the various curriculum areas, and understand state and
local issues and initiatives.
- You will strategically plan sales calls by outlining objectives
and action steps.
- Together with your area management, you will recognize trends
and read the market , us ing that information to develop
credibility and trust with your customers.
- You will communicate in a timely manner with consultants and
update Salesforce.com regularly to track your progress.
Purpose of the Role: Through effective relationships, the Account
Executive is accountable for providing educational content
solutions that meet the needs of school districts in an assigned
- Designs strategies that address customer needs and issues while
meeting assigned quota; targets and prioritizes accounts and
activities; analyzes competitors' activities and adjusts
appropriately; utilizes area, national and Per Diem resources
- Strategically plans sales calls by outlined objectives and
- Reads the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that
information to the Area Management; Demonstrates knowledge of
account history, the processes and procedures specific to each
district, and the key issues for each account.
- Responds to customers' requests and problems with appropriate
timeliness and concern; Develops professional credibility and trust
with the customer;
- Provides timely and complete information needed for consultants
and outside resources to perform effectively in the territory; Uses
voicemail and email appropriately; Updates Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of each curriculum area to converse comfortably with
customers and understand their needs; effectively communicates the
major features, advantages, and benefits of each product; Displays
a thorough knowledge of state and local adoption timelines in order
to be at the right place at the right time.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Education,
Business, Marketing or Liberal Arts or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience with a proven track record
in meeting quota. Years experience can be any combination of sales
and teaching experience.
- Educational/Technology sales experience and teaching skills are
Skills And Competencies
- Proficient in MS Office and Sales Management Software
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, 4+
- Must be able to stand and present to audiences for 2+
- Frequently lifting, reaching, and moving product up to 60
- Must be able to travel up to 60-70% of the time through a
combination of domestic air travel and driving a car.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face,
conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning
company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering
passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12
education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions
across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing
landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and
effective educational content and experiences from early childhood
to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students
in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's
books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by
readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity,
gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status,
disability, or other protected group status.
Keywords: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Portland , Account Executive II, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!