KinderCare Education operates more than
1,380 early learning centers, and more
than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team
of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon.
In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one
of only 39 companies worldwide to win this
- In neighborhoods with
our?KinderCare®?Learning Centers?that offer early childhood education and child
care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at
Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and
near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute
- In local schools with
our?Champions®?before and after-school
KinderCare is the
national leader in Early Childhood Education with almost 2000
locations across our KinderCare Community centers, Champions
(before and after school programs), and KinderCare At Work
(corporate partnerships). We have a passion for educating the
future leaders and are Building Confidence For Life in our
classrooms every day.
In the Technology team,
we are undertaking a comprehensive digital transformation by
recruiting talented individuals and building and supporting
best-in-class systems that uplift the family experience and enable
our center staff to focus on the children.
If you are looking for
a role where your work can positively impact the lives of
children--KinderCare is the company for
• You are a skilled full-stack developer, who has
demonstratable experience designing, building, and supporting
ASP.NET enterprise applications and APIs to support critical lines
• You have a strong Lean/Agile mindset and
experience working on Agile teams.
• You can effectively set expectations around the
delivery of your work within a team.
• You have a passion for learning, designing, and
implementing new technology and a keen eye for optimization of
• You are a highly engaged and collaborative team
member with exceptional communication skills
• You are an innovator, skilled at using
cutting-edge technologies to solve complex business
• Working as part of a talented team of software
engineers in an Agile environment to utilize cutting edge
technologies including ASP.NET Core, Kendo controls, Entity
Framework, API Layer, oData, and REST to design and transformation
our mission-critical applications crucial to several rapidly
growing lines of business.
• Recommend, design and create technical
improvements in existing capabilities to maximize productivity and
optimize security and efficiency.
• Responsible for the organization and tracking
of work within the context of your team.
• Ensuring solutions are optimized for support,
usability, and flexibility.
• Participating in support and triage activities,
including rotational out-of-hours on-call duties.
Hands-On Technical Experience\:
.Net/C# coding experience using Visual Studio (or
• Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL Server
/TSQL and Stored Procedures
• Software design principles – OOD, TDD, and GoF
• RESTful web services, .Net 2.0, 4.0, 4.5, and
.NET Core frameworks
• AngularJS or other JS frameworks
• CSS 3.0, HTML 5.0 and jQuery
• Automated Unit Test and Integration Testing
using nUnit and mocking (or equivalent)
• Azure or AWS Cloud
• OWASP top 10
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members
across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education
providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes
KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®,
Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge
Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.