KinderCare Education operates more than
1,380 early learning centers, and more
than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team
of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon.
In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one
of only 39 companies worldwide to win this
- In neighborhoods
with our?KinderCare®?Learning Centers?that offer early childhood education and child
care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work
through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits
for employers including on-site and near-site early learning
centers and back-up care for last-minute child
- In local schools
with our?Champions®?before and after-school
KinderCare Education is looking for a Senior
Manager of Information Security & Compliance to drive our security
and compliance strategy. In this unique role, the information
security leader will act as process owner for the development and
implementation of an organization-wide information security program
and ongoing activities to preserve the availability, integrity and
confidentiality of the company’s information resources in
compliance with applicable security policies and standards.
You will bring your leadership presence and security
experience to oversee the implementation of the information
security program, working closely with your business partners and
This role leads two distinct functions at
KinderCare and partners closely with external vendors, including
KinderCare’s a Managed Security Service Provider. The ideal
candidate will have a deep security and compliance background and
demonstrated experience influencing and driving change through an
organization. This position is both strategic and tactical in
• Collaborate with all business groups in formulating
policy and strategy for Information Security.
• Communicate and educate all levels of business
leadership on the value and their role in IT Security to the
• Develop and maintain IT security policies,
procedures and guidelines as required ensuring changing enterprise
needs are met.
• Regularly discover and assess security threats &
risks that could reasonably be of impact to KCE and create
strategic and tactical plans to mitigate those risks.
• Review availability and identification of
unacceptable levels of supplier risk as they pertain to IT security
requirements and hold those suppliers accountable to action plans
to mitigate those risks.
• Review incident reports for compliance with KCE
policy and procedures and provide for modification of policies and
procedures to address new security threats.
• Coordinate development and end user training in
accordance with KCE security policies and procedures.
• Define high level security requirements across
multiple disciplines of IT including applications, network and
• Review and approve service provider’s security
solutions and procedures as they apply to services being utilized
• Regularly review and approve project level security
requirements and impacts, ensuring IT security best practices,
policies and procedures are applied.
• Conduct routine audits of KCE systems & processes to
assess adherence of KCE’s systems to regulatory, compliance, and
best practice standards requirements. Collaborate cross
functionally to ensure remediation plans are clear and meeting
• Communicate in written and verbal forms to all
levels of the organization on security issues and plans.
• Incorporate ITIL best practices in the go forward
plans and procedures for KCE security.
• Act as the KCE coordination point for security
events, and routine audit processes.
• Coordinate responses for customer-initiated
documentation requests, regarding KCE security policies, procedures
• Provide security requirements for new technologies
that are both planned for implementation and under review for
potential future deployment.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and/or
4+ years of professional IT security and leadership experience
• At least 3 years of information security management
experience is required
• At least 3 years of demonstrated technical
leadership across one or more technical domains such as application
development, systems engineering, network engineering, end point
management, cyber security tools (EDR, IDS/IPS, Systems Hardening,
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional
(CISSP) is preferred.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and
Certified Information Security Manager preferred.
• Demonstrated experience implementing security
initiatives that require partnership with business, functional IT
departments, and customers.
• Demonstrable experience implementing and operating
within industry standard governance frameworks such as Cobit 5,
CoSo, or others.
• In-depth knowledge of IT security practices and
procedures for enterprise environments including, but not limited
to, mobile devices, cloud services, enterprise applications, data
centers and networks.
• Desired general knowledge of technical architectural
o Business systems, and web architectures
o System and network security and controls.
o Multi-unit/retail-like systems & end-point
o Current security trends in End Point (PC / Tablet /
Smart Phone) technologies
• Advanced knowledge of information security
principles and processes including security risk assessment
standards, risk assessment methodologies, and vulnerability
• Superior written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with
business, supplier, and technology stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to implement business-driven
solutions in a complex environment.
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members
across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education
providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes
KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®,
Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge
Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.