Software Test Principal Engineer (684209)
Company: Zimmer Biomet
Posted on: July 24, 2021
Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in
musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a
company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the
future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving
the quality of life for people around the world.
The Test Principal Engineer is part
of the Software Applications Development Team and is responsible
for the strategic direction and oversight of the software testing
framework for Zimmer Biomet’s mymobility product. Responsible for
analyzing component requirements, designing software solutions, and
implementing Zimmer Biomet’s software systems on mobile and cloud
platforms. Zimmer Biomet Test Principal Engineers are also
responsible for developing and maintaining test suites for
regression and automation tests. Supports product development
engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by
performing the following duties personally or through cooperation
with employees and supervisors from other departments.
Principal Duties and
· Design, document and execute
· Creates test plans in accordance with the overall test strategy,
and analyzing system design.
· Interfaces with software developers, project management, quality,
product management, business analysts, support, and others to
accomplish assigned tasks.
· Mentors Test Engineers and Vendors on team to increase the skill
· Leverage test plans to incorporate automation tests as part of
the build process.
· Technical knowledge and experience to maximize opportunities and
constraints of different platforms/code bases.
· Mobile, Web and Desktop testing experience including test
planning, execution and reporting product status to deliver a high
quality software product.
· Experience working in an agile development environment. Ability
to work design process into agile methodology.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Experience with end-to-end
testing of complex software and hardware solutions and thorough
working knowledge of all phases of software development from
product specification, design, development, testing and debugging,
operation, end-user testing, training and service improvement.
• Self-starter requiring minimal supervision to accomplish assigned
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Solid experience with UI automation testing and open source
• Knowledge about Mobile Automation testing on Android & iOS
• Experience in overseeing the development of test documentation
including but not limited to test plans/test scripts/test results
and execution metrics.
• Experienced with the following programming languages C#, SQL and
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with
development team members and advocate for quality as a team
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an
ability to manage competing demands. Test Automation experience a
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, or an engineering discipline with
computer science experience required
• 9+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, 5+ years as
a leading test projects
• Up to 25%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The
Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are
committed to creating an environment where every team member feels
included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
Keywords: Zimmer Biomet, Portland , Software Test Principal Engineer (684209), Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!