Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Responsibilities include management of ingredients, bases and
retort processes, Quality Assurance (QA) Leads and Technicians at
Pacific Foods. Organize and direct a quality system that will
ensure maximum quality of all products. You are responsible for
ensuring all food safety and quality protocols are followed.
Responsible for developing and maintaining systems to assure
compliance with Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Certification and
initiatives. Acts as Preventive Control Qualified Individual
- Lead and direct QA leads and Technicians to accomplish quality
improvement and compliance initiatives.
- Coordinate the procedure, documentation, isolation and
disposition of ingredients on Hold.
- Develop and implement Documentation Control Program for QA and
- Develop, maintain and update all QA procedures for ingredient
- Work closely with material planners and buyers to resolve any
ingredients issues with suppliers.
- Investigate and identify root causes of non-conformance
ingredients, products or processes and provide corrective
- Participate in cross-functional teams to determine root cause
and preventative actions for issues using the A3 problem solving
- Maintain Allergens Control Program for ingredients warehouse. •
Resolve quality issues related to Base and Recart production.
- Audit Base processes to identify opportunities for improving
quality and identify preventative measures for quality.
- Maintain and improve Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Maintain appropriate Container Closure procedures and
- Report and summarize all relevant quality information to PFO
- Monitor and report Quality Key Performance Indicators
- Conduct Mock recalls.
- Coordinate Internal Food Safety audit.
- Set up and participate in sensory testing.
- Work closely with Regulatory Compliance & Food Safety manager
and other managers to ensure effective Hazard Analysis Risk-based
Preventive Controls (HARPC), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
(HACCP) programs and compliance with Low Acid Canned Foods (LACF)
- Work closely with R&D to implement and maintain Food
Quality Plan for Recart products.
- Use statistical process control (SPC) to reduce process
variation and drive root cause analysis of non-conformities.
- Work with Contract Manufacturers Quality Manager to ensure
contract manufacturing products meet Pacific Foods specifications
Title: Quality Assurance Manager Dept: QA FLSA: Exempt Location:
Tualatin, OR Last Revised –July 2021 SE Secondary Functions • Act
as a back-up for Aseptic QA manager.
- Act as a temporary QA Shift Lead at anytime due to employee
absence • Act as SQF practitioner for Food Safety and Quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned Supervisory responsibilities:
Manages all activities of QA Leads. Carries out management
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training
employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising
performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of high-volume food manufacturing
- Advanced knowledge of thermal processing and packaging.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to
- Interpersonal verbal communication and advanced math
- Self-directed with ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proven leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Teambuilding, training, presentation, and teaching skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Physical activities require standing, walking, bending, and
- Physical ability to taste test all of our products.
- Excellent investigating, analysis and problem-solving
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
specializing in Food Science or related field.
- Better Processing School certification.
- Five years of relevant experience managing a food quality
- Aseptic and retort processing experience preferred.
- Prior experience with FSMA, SQF, USDA, FDA and PMO
- Primary work area is in the office, laboratory, production
floor, and warehouse area.
- While performing the duties of this job, work will be around
moving mechanical parts.
- There may be exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Portland , QA Manager, Other , Tualatin, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!