Operations Supervisor, Finishing Department
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Oregon City
Posted on: October 13, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Supervisor, Operations is responsible for providing direction
to the team to ensure the day to day operations in the his/her
assigned areas meet established KPIs. The supervisor will provide
direction and managing employees engaged in shop-floor processes or
operations. The supervisor will review production schedules, assign
work, coordinate set-ups and ensure that materials are available to
complete scheduled work.
The Supervisor, Operations reports directly to the Senior Manager,
Operations for the Oregon Plant.
No Shift ($0) (United States of America)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and develop team members following the One Orchid global
talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best
team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through
behaviors that align with our core values and leadership
- Provides direction to employees directly engaged in shop-floor
processes or operations. Ensures that the process/area maintains
operations by managing employee performance and absences.
- Supervises work activities and resourcing for manufacturing
products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity
specifications under the guidance of the Manager of
- Manages production budget to adhere to overtime, labor, and
- Utilizes knowledge of continuous improvement concepts to
improve plant efficiency and productivity. Uses A3 process.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, worker
performance, quality and delivery of product
- Reports department metrics daily on Gemba walk; prepares report
for daily Gemba; participates in Gemba walks.
- Approves employee time cards daily and weekly, fixing any
mistakes as needed.
- Reviews, approves and communicates incoming employee time off
requests in a timely manner.
- Addresses employee issues; escalates or redirects them as
- Administers annual employee reviews
- Keeps the Manager, Operations promptly and fully informed of
all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Coordinates and monitor work flow through the cell/department
to ensure that established task times are met; escalate issues that
need to be addressed by other departments
- Develops and implement procedures and ensure they are being
- Establishes or adjust work priorities to meet production
- Runs daily (weekly) team lead meetings; run weekly update
meetings with team.
- Places work order for machine repairs; tracks progress and
reports to leadership.
- Moves work and creates production gaps as required for
maintenance to be able to do repairs or PMs
- Leads safety by complying with all safety procedures and
promoting the health and welfare of all team members.
- Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills
prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting,
documenting and evaluating training effectiveness. Oversees the
training of new employees on standard work instructions and
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of experience leading people (Required), 5+ Years of
Experience in a Manufacturing Environment (Required),
Cross-functional experience (Preferred), Exposure to integrated
business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality
system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting
Bachelor of Science (B.S) - Business, Manufacturing, Engineering,
or Related Field, , ,
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Coaching (Working Experience), Communication (Extensive
Experience), Decision Making and Critical Thinking (Working
Experience), Flexibility & Adaptability (Working Experience), Lean
Manufacturing (Working Experience), Manufacturing Process (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Performance
Management and Development (Working Experience), Team Management
and Team Building (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Required frequently to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally moves heavy equipment, boxes, and other materials
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for
- Able to work in a fast-paced, quality oriented environment
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Portland , Operations Supervisor, Finishing Department, Other , Oregon City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!