Company: Relay Resources
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Not just work. Meaningful work.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our
mission is to cultivate meaningful work for people with
disabilities and other barriers.By becoming an Irrigation
Specialist, you will join a team that proudly keeps the grounds and
shared outdoor spaces in our communities looking their best, in a
safe and effective way.
We encourage people with a disability, a Preferred Worker
Card, or other barriers to employment to apply. Please let us
know if you need special accommodations.
Irrigation Specialist (Full-time/Day)
We’re looking for an energetic and motivated teammate to
perform all irrigation related tasks for Relay Resources.
- Full-time benefits, including: medical, dental, 403(b)
retirement plan, life insurance, and mileage reimbursement.
Relay pays 100% of an employee’s medical, dental, and vision
- Enjoy paid time off, paid sick days and paid holidays
What you’ll do
- Working hours will be Monday – Friday, 6:30AM – 3:00PM
- Location will be Relay Resources Main Campus (Portland,
- Activate and deactivate irrigation system
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems.
- Adjust irrigation controllers for seasonal
- Layout and install new or renovated irrigation systems
- Perform physical tasks such as digging, raking, pushing
- Train other employees in the proper use of equipment or other
- Responsible for the proper completion of daily paperwork for
themselves and their crew to include timesheets, billing sheets,
daily service call slips, and equipment repair service slips.
- Assist with generation of proposals for clients.
- Purchase parts and related materials from various vendors and
- Maintain inventory of stock parts at the shop, van or at job
Why you’re a great fit
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These
guidelines represent some, but not all the ways you might have
acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a
demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a
different way, please apply.
- A can-do attitude and team spirit!
- Three years previous experience as an irrigation technician or
related position is required.
- Must have reliable form of transportation to job.
- Must meet Relay’s requirements for driving landscaping trucks
- Be able to communicate effectively through written or verbal
- Must be able to read and understand contract specifications,
landscape frequency charts, clock descriptions and site
- Prior leadership and field training experience
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to pass criminal history background check and/or
fingerprinting as appropriate at any time during employment
More about us
We’re a nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR,
employing more than 700 people in the Pacific Northwest. Our
variety of services includes janitorial, landscaping, document
services, and supply chain solutions, as well as managing
affordable housing. We create value for our community by delivering
quality services to our customers, good jobs to our employees and
affordable homes to our residents.
Relay Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and we welcome everyone to our team/to apply. We are committed to
cultivating a people-first inclusive culture that benefits our
employees, customers, and residents. Relay encourages a diversity
of applicants of all backgrounds and identities including
disability, race, color, religion, gender identity, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military
service, marital status, parental status, age, and individuals with
a Preferred Worker Card. Let us know if you need a reasonable
accommodation during the application or interview process, or to
perform the job you are applying for.
Keywords: Relay Resources, Portland , Irrigation Specialist, Other , Fairview, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!